Public Outraged as Chase Ends With Police Firing over 130 Shots into Car, Find No Weapons
Police in Cleveland and East Cleveland are facing a barrage of criticism after a chase last week ended with at least 13 officers firing 137 rounds into a vehicle they believed contained armed suspects; however, once the smoke cleared and they were able to investigate the bullet-riddled ride police found no gun. The onslaught of police gunfire last Thursday left two unarmed civilians, Timothy Russell, 43, and Malissa Williams, 30, dead at the scene.
Public Outraged as Chase Ends With Police Firing over 130 Shots into Car, Find No Weapons Adan Salazar Infowars.com December 4, 2012 Police in Cleveland and East Cleveland are facing a barrage of criticism after a chase last week ended with at least 13 officers firing 137 rounds into a vehicle they believed contained armed suspects; however, once the smoke cleared and they were able to investigate the bullet-riddled ride police found no gun. The onslaught of police gunfire last Thursday left two unarmed civilians, Timothy Russell, 43, and Malissa Williams, 30, dead at the scene. According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, who has been following the case exhaustively, “The chase began about 10:30 p.m. Thursday outside the Justice Center in downtown Cleveland. In a news conference Saturday, [Cleveland Police Patrolmen’s Association president Jeffery] Follmer said two Cleveland officers heard a gunshot and believed it came from a 1979 Chevrolet Malibu belonging to Timothy Russell.” Reportedly, Russell and Williams fled through Cleveland and into East Cleveland, hitting a police car before exiting the freeway and heading into East Cleveland where they were cornered on a dead end access road near a middle school. It was then police say the driver of the vehicle attempted to ram into police cars at which point police gang-sprayed the car mercilessly. Describing the incident as “very regrettable,” Cleveland Police Chief Michael McGrath said he would ask for federal assistance in ensuring that a complete and careful investigation is conducted into why the department was involved in a 20-minute chase and how the situation escalated so rapidly. “It’s really with a heavy heart. I can’t tell you how much this hurts the Cleveland Division of Police,” McGrath reportedly said, according to the Plain Dealer. “We work so hard. We worked so hard to make things good. Something like this, I’m not saying it makes us look bad because the investigation isn’t completed yet, but it’s a real challenge for us.” However, Jeffery Follmer, president of the Cleveland Police Patrolmen’s Association, finds no fault with police and believes they acted appropriately. “I don’t understand where the bad guys aren’t still bad, and now it’s the police officers,” Follmer told the media. “The officers involved are experienced and professional police officers,” Follmer continued. “For anyone who was not there to judge them without knowing all the facts, or to blame anyone else but the two occupants of that car for their own death, is ignorant and self-serving. Our officers did a great job.” The two vehicle occupants both had lengthy criminal histories, however, Follmer noted at a press conference Saturday that officers had no idea who was driving the vehicle, contrary to East Cleveland Sgt. Scott Gardner’s statement that the victim’s plates were ran during the pursuit. Cleveland Safety Director Martin Flask issued a list of various questions the investigation will seek to answer, such as: Was the pursuit properly supervised as required by the policies of the Division of Police?Was the number of officers involved in the pursuit limited as required? and Was the use of force by the officers necessary to protect the lives and safety of the officers? According to one witness, about 50 police cars were involved in the chase. ACLU legal director James Hardiman told the Plain Dealer he’s thoroughly baffled that police were even involved in the chase, as Cleveland’s pursuit policy has been reworked since 2007 to reduce the number of chase-related deaths. “Sure, we don’t know all the facts yet, but we were told Cleveland police were not going to be involved in any more high-speed chases,” Hardiman reportedly said. “These obviously have risks, not only to the suspects and police themselves, but potential injuries to innocent pedestrians. In this case, it seems like overreaction by police right from the start. “And then to fire over 100 shots is not reasonable. No shots should have been fired. Police would have arrested these suspects without a high-speed chase or firing shots. A thorough investigation should be conducted . . . at least we can hope it will.” Now the search for a gun and justifiable evidence linking the two deceased victims to the alleged crime will have to be coughed up to clear officers of wrongdoing. Reportedly, no shell casings were found in Russell’s vehicle or along the chase route. Similarly, no bullets were found outside the Justice Center in downtown Cleveland where police say they first heard gunfire. “The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office is running gunshot-residue tests on Russell’s and Williams’ hands to determine if either fired a gun. The results should be in before week’s end,” noted the Plain Dealer. A group of concerned citizens held a protest and a march yesterday led by an organization called “Black on Black Crime” to call public attention to the gross misuse of lethal force being referred to as “lynchings.” The group compared the tragic events to Bonnie & Clyde’s predicament in a press release, saying: “Bonnie & Clyde, the notorious bank robbers, were shot 30 to 50 times when their vehicle was surrounded by the posse of Texas and Louisiana officers…We know why they were chasing Bonnie and Clyde, but we are not clear why they were chasing Malissa and Timothy. “It appears that these two victims were unarmed and no gun casings were found in the vehicle to show that they had been shooting at anyone. So, it appears that two unarmed people were gunned down in what the police union official calls a “good shooting.” We do know that the Cleveland police violated many rules and regulations in the case and the shooting. “The community and family have questions.” Gun Control INCREASES Gun Crime Infowars.com December 4, 2012 Gun Control INCREASES Gun Crime http://www.youtube.com/watch? feature=player_embedded&v=KYX1066jO0c Would banning handguns in America reduce gun crime? After handguns were banned in Britain, gun crime more than DOUBLED. Gun control only creates victims who cannot defend themselves against criminals. More guns = less crime. 1996: All handguns banned in the UK after Dunblane massacre – http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/october/16/newsid_3110000/3110949.stm 2003: Gun crime more than doubles after Dunblane – http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1450338/Firearms-offences-more-than-double-since- Dunblane.html Alex Jones Calls for Boycott of NFL, NBC and Bob Costas – http://www.infowars.com/alex-calls-for- boycott-of-nfl-nbc-and-bob-costas/ http://infowars.com http://prisonplanet.com Alex Jones Calls for Boycott of NFL, NBC and Bob Costas Adan Salazar and Alex Jones Infowars.com December 4, 2012 Within a day after Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher’s and his girlfriend’s deaths, the establishment launched a surprise attack on the right to bear arms and the Second Amendment using guns as a scapegoat to distract from the most-likely culprit: the concussion-inducing, psychotropic drug- addicted, gladiatorial thug, celebrity rock star culture plaguing the NFL. This past weekend on Sunday Night Football, sports commentator Bob Costas, with the full support of NBC and the NFL, indicted the “gun culture” as he quoted an article by Fox Sports columnist James Whitlock which blamed guns for the sad killings that took place. He read the following publicly on air to millions of NFL viewers across the country: “Our current gun culture ensures that more and more domestic disputes will end in the ultimate tragedy and that more convenience-store confrontations over loud music coming from a car will leave more teenage boys bloodied and dead.” “Handguns do not enhance our safety. They exacerbate our flaws, tempt us to escalate arguments, and bait us into embracing confrontation rather than avoiding it. In the coming days, Jovan Belcher’s actions, and their possible connection to football will be analyzed. Who knows?” However, blaming guns for the deaths is like blaming spoons and forks for obese people. There can be no mistake that the Costas incident was a flagrantly bold, covert and coordinated attack on citizens’ gun rights, but this episode is just the latest in a series of pathetic attempts in the course of the Obama administration to subvert the Second Amendment. The current president’s lengthy resumé of attacks on guns speaks volumes about his attitude towards Americans’ right to bear arms. In the book Debacle, Obama is quoted telling author John R. Lott, Jr., PhD, “I don’t believe that people should be able to own guns,” while both worked at the University of Chicago Law School in 1996. While running for a Senate seat in Illinois, Obama filled out a survey by a liberal Independent voter organization saying that while it is politically impracticable, “restrictions on the sale and possession of handguns are necessary to protect the public safety.” His response to another question in the same survey is equally disturbing. To a question asking, “Do you support legislation to ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns, assault weapons and ammunition for handguns and assault weapons?,” Obama reportedly answered: “I would support banning the sale of ammunition for assault weapons and limiting the sale of ammunition for handguns.” Months before the Fast and Furious gun-walking fiasco surfaced, Obama had reportedly met with gun control advocate Sarah Brady telling her he was working on the gun issue “under the radar,” and that gun regulations were “very much on his agenda.” “In the meeting, she said, Obama discussed how records get into the system and what can be done about firearms retailers. Her husband specifically brought up the proposed ban on large magazine clips, and she noted that even former vice president Dick Cheney had suggested that some restrictions on the clips might make sense,” wrote Jason Horowitz for the Washington Post. Obama’s Attorney General Eric Holder is on record 15 years ago saying we need to “brainwash people into thinking about guns in a vastly different way,” and at an October debate during his campaign for a second term, Obama said, “What I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced.” It can now be counted on that every time there is a random act of violence involving firearms, the event will be used to further eviscerate the Second Amendment and restrict gun rights. Are we witnessing the “brainwashing” Holder talked about? Let’s not forget they fired Hank Williams Jr. from performing the intro to Monday Night Football after decades simply for expressing his belief that the presidency was turning into a dictatorship, clearly indicating who the corporations and networks answer to. Now is the time to stand up to these establishment control freaks, to these social engineers that try to blame every tragedy on, not just the Second Amendment, but our freedoms in their efforts to disarm America, as so many others countries around the world have already been. We need to ask ourselves: Why is the NFL endorsing an attack on the most bedrock of American freedoms that almost no one else in the world enjoys? It’s because firearms are the hallmark of a free society and the last thing standing in the way of a complete global takeover of the U.S. It’s time to boycott the NFL, NBC and Bob Costas unless they come out and apologize and repudiate their attack on the rights of millions of gun owners across the country. Parody image sent in by an Infowars reader In response to Bob Costas’ unmistakable declaration of war on the Second Amendment, Infowars.com is launching a new contest looking for the best video taped open letter to Mr. Costas telling him why the Second Amendment, citizen gun rights, the Bill of Rights and the Constitution are essential to a free society. The contest aims to call attention to the media’s blatantly transparent efforts to control and shape public opinion in regards to firearms. Additionally, everyone is encouraged to mail spoons with notes to Mr. Costas because, by his own logic, spoons are responsible for the rising obesity epidemic that has claimed the lives of millions of Americans. Join Infowars.com in boycotting the NFL, NBC and Bob Costas unless they issue an apology and renounce their claims against the Second Amendment. Watch Alex’s special reports exposing the gun control propaganda. NFL Declares War on 2nd Amendment for Obama VIDEO BELOW http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-R2KRFj6cbA Bob Costas Tells Gun Owners They Are Stupid VIDEO BELOW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDL45XfSnpo&feature=player_embeddedThe NFL Is Helping Obama Ban Guns! Boycott Now!! VIDEO BELOW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA6c0wTDwvc&feature=player_embedded Fox Sports Writer: 'The NRA Is the New KKK' VIDEO BELOW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFicRDHWwUA&feature=player_embedded http://www.infowars.com/