Shahrul Fazry Bin Abdullah Sani
Blok P7A2-U.05-T.01, Fasa 7,
Jalan P9C/1, Precint 9, 62250,
HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMEN T
APPLICATION FOR THE GRADUATE ENGINEERING POSITION
I wish to apply for the graduate engineering position in your company. I am impressed by your
organization innovation and success, and would like to be part of such a winning company. I feel that
my education, determination and profound interest are well suited for this position.
2. I am a graduate of Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Civil, with specialization in
Offshore Structure and Oceanography from Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS . I was graduated
on 17 October 2010. Throughout my study, I have been exposed to various areas
of Engineering courses especially in design offshore structure as well
as Management courses. The courses I have completed not only provided me a solid foundation in
civil engineering, but also equipped myself with problem -solving and analytical skills.
3. In December 2008, I was attached to Putrajaya Holdings Sdn. Bhd. to complete my
Industrial Internship Training. I have been assigned to Functional Support Unit (FSU) under Project
Management Division (PMD) for approximately 8 months. Throughout the industrial training, I
learned the overall process of construction project management. I was mainly responsible for
conducting and supervising inspection as well as liaising with clients and authorities to ensure work at
site runs smoothly. Besides that I am also liaising with main contractor to make sure that the project
management sequence is on track as plan. From this internship training, I understand the level of
professionalism and communication required for long -term success in the field.
4. I also participated a lot in extra -curricular activities (the details are in my CV) organized by the
university. I was in the school’s and university’s hockey team and one of my tournaments is the
International Hockey Tournament USM -Penang. My participation in various activities such as
Engineering Design Exhibition (EDX) and Civil Engineering Students' Society (UCITY) UTP-UTM
Delegation have sharpened my leadership skill, analytical thinking capability, teamwork and the
ability of working independently with minimal supervision.
5. I feel certain that my experiences that I had gained during my university day and the internship
coupled with my commitment to excellent, willingness to learn new things and my ability to adapt will
help me to contribute for the success of your esteem company. Because of your company’s strong
reputation, I would be very glad if you can consider my application to be part of your company. Should
you require clarification on any information prior to my resume, please contact me via phone 019-
3865220 or via email: email@example.com . I look forward to favourable hearing from you
soon. Your utmost consideration is highly appreciated.
SHAHRUL FAZRY BIN ABDULLAH SANI
Permanent Address Contact
Block P7A2-T.01-U.05, Fasa 7, Mobile : (019) 3865220
Jalan P9c/1, Presint 9, 62250, Home : (603) 88895096
Putrajaya. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
NRIC : 870204-14-5973 Language : English and Malay
Age : 24 Nationality : Malaysian
Gender : Male Willing to travel/relocate: Yes
Marital Status: Single Status : Non-bonded
2005 – 2010 Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Tronoh, Perak.
Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Civil Engineering
Specialization: Offshore Structures & Oceanograph y
CGPA : 2.92 / 4.00
2000 – 2004 Sekolah Menengah Sains Selangor, Kuala Lumpur.
PMR : 8A SPM : 6A1, 4B3
1994 – 1999 Sekolah Kebangsaan Klang Gate, Selangor.
UPSR : 4A, 1B
INTERNSHIP INDUSTRIAL TRAINING
Company Putrajaya Holdings Sdn Bhd (1st December 2008 – 10th July 2009)
Department Project Management Division
Position Trainee Engineer
Tasks and Projects Mainly involved in developing residential projects especially government quarters within
Conduct project management which covers both administrative works as well as site
Meeting and liaise with client and authority.
Conduct extensive site inspection throughout the construction stage.
Review for Materials/Products Proposal & Method of Statement.
Conduct various testing such as Ponding Test, Ping Pong Test, Megger Test, Pressure
Monitor and lead contractors for the installation of Surge Protector Device for lift system.
Observe and monitor pile inst allation.
Witness Pile Bending Testing and various Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT).
Conduct Certificate of Practical Completion Inspection.
Site visit to observe the construction of diaphragm wall.
Site visit to observe Industrial Building System construction.
Monitor and analyse landslide rectification.
FINAL YEAR PROJECT
Title : Critical Success Factor for Industrialised Building System (IBS) implementation for construction
Description: To establish the current level of IBS implementation in Malaysia.
To identify the Critical Success Factors (CSFs) for contra ctors to implement IBS as their method of
Tasks : Contractors were given questionnaires which covered all aspects regarding IBS implementation.
The results were analysed and validated by some pilot interviews with Construction Research Institute
of Malaysia (CREAM).
Tools : SPSS for Windows V16.0, Microsoft Office .
RELEVANT COURSES TAKEN
Engineering (General ) Majoring Engineering (Civil Related)
• Physics I & II • Design of Offshore Structures • Statics
• Chemistry I & II • Marine Pollution & Control • Principle of Solid Mechanics
• Health, Safety & Environment • Ocean & Coastal Engineering • Theory of Structures
• Engineering Economics • Structural Analysis
• Engineers in Society • Concrete Technology
Mathematics/Calculation Language & Skills • Design of Reinforced Concrete
• Engineering Mathematics I & II • English I & II • Design of Steel & Prest ressed Concrete
• Differential Equations • Thinking Skills • Geomatics
• Vector Calculus • Technical & Professional Writing • Geology
• Numerical Methods • Professional & Communication Skills • Geotechnical Engineering
• Probability & Statistics • Human Resource Management • Foundation & Earth Structures
Computer Related Others • Engineering Fluid Mechanics
• Introduction to Computer & • Islamic Studies I & II • Hydraulics
• Structured Programming • Cultural Anthropology • Hydrology
• Numerical Methods • Malaysian Studies • Environmental Engineering
• Engineering Graphics for Civil • Peer Helper • Water & Wastewater Engineering
Engineers • Gamelan I & II • Transportation Engineering
• Highway Engineering
• Structural Dynamics
• Operation & Construction Management
ACADEMIC PROJECT AND SITE VISIT
1. Engineering Team Project Title: Peltier Cooling Device on computer.
(2008) Description: A device that prevents the increased temperature of the
computer motherboard which can damage the computer hardware and
Won silver medal for Engineering Design Exhibition (EDX).
2. Operation & Construction Researched, produced report and conducted presentation on types of
Management (2010) contract.
3. Design of Offshore Structures Conducted analysis and presentation on Troll A Jack – Up Structure.
4. Human Resource Management Conducted analysis and presen tation on Performance Appraisal method
Project (2009) employed for Petronas Carigali (M yanmar Operation) Sdn. Bhd.
5. Wastewater Engineering (2008) Site visit at Jelutong Sewage Treatment Plant, Penang.
6. Hydrology Project (2008) Learned how to use GIS.
7. Structural Analysis Project Designed and constructed a 1.2m wooden bridge model that was then
(2008) tested by 20N weight.
8. Foundation & Earth Structures Produced a soil profile of Ipoh -Lumut Highway from a map and data given by
9. Geomatics Survey and Conducted leveling, traversing and GPS positioning in speci fied campus
Mapping Camp (2007) locations as well as in Air Tawar, Perak.
10. Islamic Studies Project (2007) Conducted charity works at an orphanage in Chemor, Perak.
11. Concrete Technology (2007) Mix design and all required tests for 30Mpa concrete cubes.
12. Hydraulics Site Visit (2007) Conducted a study on design of spillway, weir and open channel flow within
specified limitations at Temenggor and Bersia Dam in Gerik, Perak
13. Health, Safety & Environment Analyzed and reported the HSE elements in campus environment that
(2007) promote hazards and suggested solutions to reduce the hazards
14. Engineering Graphics Project Designed and produced a detailed floor plan drawing of single -storey office
(2006) building using AutoCAD 2004.
GENERAL AND SOFT SKILLS
1. Computer Skills
SKILL PROFICIENCY SKILL PROFICIENCY
MS Office Advanced MATLAB 7.0 Intermediate
SPSS for Windows Intermediate Primavera Intermediate
AutoCAD Intermediate C++ Programming Beginner
2. Problem Solving and Soft Skills
Highly analytical thinking person and innovative problem-solver.
Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills .
Confidently lead and effectively manage people.
Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing .
Enthusiastic, knowledge-hungry learner, eager to meet challenges and quickly assimilate new concepts.
Dean’s List Award for Jan 2009 (GPA: 4.00)
ACHIEVEMENTS AND ACTIVITIES
YEAR ACTIVITY POSITION
2008 Intervillage Sports Tournament Food & Beverages Committee Member
Malam Anugerah Kolej Kediaman Evaluation Committee Member
2007 MSSA Student Chapter 07/08 Public Relation Committee Member
Perak Hockey League 07/08 Participant
Perak Sport Tournament (SUPER) 07 Participant
UPSI Indoor Hockey Tournament 07 Participant
Bertam Open 07 Participant
SYS Open 07 Participant
Intervillage UTP Sports Tournament 07 Participant
2006 UCITY Delegasi UTM-UTP Activity Committee Member
International Hockey Tournament USM-Penang Participant
UPSI Indoor Hockey Tournament 06 Participant
Bertam Open 06 Participant
Intervillage UTP Sports Tournament 06 Participant
2001-2004 Sains Selangor Hockey team
2nd and 4th place in state level (Kuala Participant
USM International Open Tournament Participant
Indoor Hockey Tournament Participant
Silat Rajawali Sunan Putih
3rd place in Open Silat Competition Participant
Assoc. Prof. Ir. Dr. Muhd Fadh il Nuruddin Ir. Ridzuan Sanusi
Lecturer / FYP Supervisor Manager of Functional Support Unit
Civil Engineering Department Putrajaya Holdings Sdn Bhd ,
Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Blok 1, Menara PjH,
31750 Bandar Seri Iskandar, No. 2, Persiaran Perdana, Presint 2,
Tronoh, Perak. 62100 Putrajaya, Malaysia.
Office : 605-368 7280 Mobile: (019) 322 9015
Fax : 605-365 6461 Office: (603) 8883 8888
Email : email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org