DuroStar DS4000S Review
• This portable generator is
constructed of solid steel pipe and
is very easy to use.
It is important to consider a few aspects of a
portable generator before making a final
• This generator’s running wattage is 3,300.
Generally, the generator requires higher surge
wattage to startup.
It could be double or triple of normal running
watts of power.
• This model can reach a maximum 4,000 surge
wattage at startup.
Durable Engine Horsepower
• The DuroStar DS4000S includes a powerful 7
horsepower air cooled overhead valve engine.
Fuel Tank Capacity
Under normal circumstances, the larger the
tank, the longer the unit will run.
• This generator has a 4 gallon size.
Running Time @ 50% load
• At 50% run time, the DuroStar DS4000S can
run for up to 8 hours.
This generator has a manual start method.
• It is simple to pull the recoil start, even though
it will require a bit of energy.
• The benefit of a manual start is that there is
no need for a working battery like with other
generators containing an electric start.
A DuroStar DS4000S review would not be
complete without including the amount of noise
the unit produces.
• This generator is very quiet because of the
special muffler that makes the engine sound
less loud. It runs on a 69 dBA rating.
• This generator uses gasoline as its sole source
• This makes it simple to fill. Keeping some extra
gasoline on hand will ensure use whenever
necessary. It is also easy to fill.
• There are numerous positive features to
include in this DuroStar DS4000S review.
• Read more on additional review here.