Killing Mold Spores in Your Knoxville Home
Getting rid of mold in your
Knoxville home can be risky
business. When you know that
there is mold growing in your home,
you should be sure that the mold
removal process that you plan out
will keep you safe and keep those
that are working with you safe.
Staying safe when you are getting
rid of mold is absolutely necessary.
Many people do not understand that any type of mold that they find in their home may cause
problems in their respiratory system if they are not careful in the way that they interact with the
Make sure that you take the time that you need to understand how you are going to protect your
skin and your body from any negative aspects of the mold. Take the time that you need to be
sure that you are going to be protected throughout the entire time that you are cleaning.
You should be wearing gloves, goggles and a mask as you are cleaning up the mold. More than
likely, you are going to be using a cleaner that has a high concentration of bleach within the
cleaner and you do not want to be breathing in the fumes of the cleaner and the mold.
During mold removal in Knoxville, you will be combining the bleach with the mold spores and
this can be a very dangerous combination to enter your system. As you are cleaning you should
not take off the safety equipment that you are wearing.
Opening windows and doors throughout the time that you are cleaning will ensure that you are
going to get as much fresh air into your home as possible. But, even with airways opened you
have to realize that there are still dangerous fumes throughout your home.
When there are dangerous fumes throughout your home, you should be sure that you have the
equipment on that is going to protect you. While you are cleaning up the mold, you should also
be sure that you are killing the mold completely.
Get all of the spores
Rather than just wiping up the
mold, you want to ensure that
you have killed the mold
spores completely. You do
not want to repeat your mold
removal in Knoxville, so
make sure that you get rid of
the spores completely the first
Using a bleach cleaner will
ensure that you are able to kill
the spores completely. You
should never mix ammonia
and bleach together, instead
use a bleach based cleaner to
ensure that the mold will not survive your cleaning.
Because you are going to be using bleach, you will want to be careful about the surfaces that you
are cleaning. Some surfaces may not be conducive to the use of bleach because of the staining
that will occur after you use bleach.
Test a small inconspicuous portion of the surface that you are cleaning to see if there are any
negative repercussions from the bleach. This way, you can be sure that you are not going to do
more damage as you attempt to get rid of the mold.
Photo credit: Mediamolecule, Anjan58