6th Grade Math Syllabus
Textbook: Holt McDougal Mathematics Course 1, 2011 Teacher: Miss Norton
ISBN: 0-554-03323-2 Plan Time: 1:45-2:30
General Course Information:
6th Grade Math prepares students for future work in Pre-Algebra and Algebra. Students will work on
mastering the skills necessary for problem solving, applying mathematics in real situations, and representing
concepts with pictures, graphs, or objects. This course will strongly emphasize division of whole numbers,
addition and subtraction of fractions and decimals, and solving algebraic problems with variables.
Math Notebook (notebook paper and dividers)
Pencils (all work must be done in pencil)
Red Pen for grading
1. Be in class on time, prepared with homework and necessary materials.
2. Show respect for others and for the property of others.
3. Raise hand and wait to be recognized by the teacher before speaking.
4. Follow the teacher’s instructions the first time they are given.
5. Follow the Drag Sheet guidelines.
Mad Minute Fact Sheet (Tuesday and Thursday)
Quiz covering assignment
Go over assignment questions
Lesson covering new material (Notes)
Practice new material (Assignment)
Assignments will be assigned every day and will be graded the next day. Grades will be taken from daily
homework and/or daily quizzes. Tests will account for 50% of your average.
I will be available to help students on Math homework from 8:00-8:30 a.m. and after school from 3:30-4:00 p.m.
on most days.