Final Exam Review, part 2
Friday, December 12
• A 1500kg car drives around a flat 200-m-
diameter circular track at 25m/s. What are
the magnitude and direction of the net force
on the car? What causes this force?
• The centers of a 10kg lead ball and a 100g
lead ball are separated by 10cm. What
gravitational force does each exert on the
• What magnitude of F2 causes the net torque
on the rod to be zero?
• A 20 g ball of clay is thrown horizontally at 30
m/s towards a 1.0 kg block and sticks to the
block. The block is on a magic frictionless
surface. What is the speed of the block and
clay immediately after the clay hits?
• Before after
• V1i =20m/s v2i = 0 vf we want to find
• pi=Mball*v1i+0=pf=(Mball + Mblock)vf
M ball M block
.2kg m m
.2 1. kg s s
• A massless spring has a spring constant of
10.0N/m. It is hung vertically. Then a 250 g
mass is hung from the spring. How far does it
• B) If the mass is made to oscillate vertically,
what is its period?
Mass on a spring
• k=10N/m, F =mg =k Δy
• Δy = mg/k = .250*9.8/10. = 0.245 m 24.5cm
1 k 1 10.0 N / m
2 2 m 2 .250kg
• Monday, December 15, 1:30-3:30pm HERE