3.1 Cognitive level of analysis: cognitive processes from Psychology Course Companion p. 67-74
1. Define: cognitive psychology
2. Principal #1 : Human beings are information processors and mental processes guide behavior. Explain.
3. Define: Bottom-up processing
Reconstructive nature of memory
4. Principle #2: the mind can be studied scientifically by developing theories and using a number of scientific
research methods. Explain
5. Principle #3: Cognitive processes are influenced by social and cultural factors. Explain using the term schema.
6. What techniques do researchers use to study the mind?
7. Schema theory: describe a cognitive schema that a first grader would have about school classrooms.
8. Evaluate schema theory.
9. Draw and explain Atkison and Shiffrin’s multi-store-model
draw on the back
10. Draw and explain Baddeley and Hitch’s working memory model.