Deepak Shaj Muhammed Shajahan
+ 974 70 01 8565
Searching for a Job
February-2012 to Present – Restaurant Manager, Sealine Beach Resort 5*,
Katara Hospitality (Previosly-Qatar National Hotels Company), Messaieed, Qatar
- Reports to F&B Manager
- Preparing the duty Roster of the Restaurant team
- Supervising and controlling the profit of the Restaurant
- Supervising the daily inventory reducing shortage and making sure of the profitable running of
- Working with other management to plan marketing and advertising of the special restaurant
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling and general cleanliness of the dining areas
- Review and monitor with the financial personnel, the expenditures to ensure that they
conform to budget limitations and work to improve performance
- Managing the staffs and training of the staffs to a better and quality service
- Verifying the feedback form of all the guests and replying to their queries and complaints and
informing the regular guests, time to time about the new events and menus of the restaurant.
- Investigate and resolve the complaints and problems of the guest concerning the food quality
- Conducting team briefing to make sure that your whole team is aware of the events and
functions which will be happening in the restaurant in the coming week
- Creating function sheets and preparation of the menus of the functions together with the Chef
and the F&B Manager
- Making the contract and sending it to the respective clients informing about the price of the
menus and the possible recreational activities and events that the restaurant offers
- Performs other duties as assigned by the management
February-2011 to December-2011 – Asst. Accountant, Marivaux Hotel 4*,
- Reports directly to the Financial Controller
- Preparing the Journal entries for days cash and box office statements -Control the Cash flow from
the documents the night audit prepares for the accounting dept after his shift (checking the cash-in
cash-out, total sales, credit card payments, ledger payments, petty cash payments etc and input these
on the system).
- Daily Bank reconciliations (to keep in track of the cash flow in our banks).
- Keeping control of the over/short account for each department - Controlling and inputting the daily
- Combining Opera (Property management system) and Winbooks (Business software) on one
program and balance the two and also verifying correct numbers have been entered into the program
to balance everything.
- Verifying the ledger payments and sending reminders to the clients for the payment date and
assuring that the clients make their payments on time.
- Reminding the Financial controller for the payments of the supplier’s and the salaries of the
employees and keeps him aware of any problems or concerns that occur.
- Constant interaction with the HR, sales and marketing department and also with the other dept of
the hotel (F&B, Banquet, FO and HK).
- Constant interaction with our clients, suppliers and our bank.
October 2008 to February 2011, Hotel Vatel 4*, Nimes, France
- The 12 practical weeks in between the 5 months of classes each year for all 3 years giving
me an experience in departments like Kitchen, Restaurant, Spa & Fitness, Sales, Banquet,
Reservations, Human Resources, and Accounts.
February 2010 to September 2010 – Asst. F&B Supervisor, Marivaux Hotel 4*,
- Reports to the F&B Manager
- Managing the three departments by keeping constantly in touch with the Restaurant
Manager, the Chef and the Banquet manager.
- Ensuring disciplinary action is taken for breaches of company regulations.
- Maintaining high standards of morale and personal appearance of all staff.
- Preparing the work schedules for my team.
- Preparing and organizing together with the Event coordinator all the events which we will
have in the coming week.
- Making my team informed about everything by constantly having team briefings.
- Keep in touch with the cost control department of the hotel to be aware of the food cost
flow and the KPI’s .
- Updating me with the latest furniture's and equipment's needed for the restaurant and
Banquets and assist in the planning for future development of facilities and service
- Making myself aware about the prices of the restaurants in the surroundings and deciding
together with the Chef and Restaurant Manager the prices and the Menu's.
March 2009 to August 2009 – Asst. Maitre D, Best Western Hostellerie la
Magnaneraie 5*, Avignon, France
- Responsible for the Cashier of the Gastronomic Restaurant.
- Filling in the Menu and updating my team about the Menu’s of the restaurant and of the
- Updating my team about the week’s events.
- Serving food to the clients and deal with customer problems if any.
- Serving and the knowledge of French wines.
- Serving and knowledge of the Cheese from the Region of Provence.
- Responsible for Customer relations in the restaurant.
April 2007 to October 2007 – Asst. Technical Engineer, Hewlett Packard (HP), Cochin, Kerala,
- Attending Client calls, resolving Client Queries and assisting them in related technical issues
- Explaining the promotional offers and making sales for the company while assisting the
client with their technical issues
- Assuring Customer satisfaction and reaching company goals
Holder of the Bachelor’s degree in the international hotel management, in the Vatel
international school of business management in hotel and tourism industry, Nimes, France
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering obtained from Mar Baselios college of engineering
and technology, Kerala, India, in April 2007
High school Certificate, obtained from St. Joseph’s School in Kerala, India, March 2003
- English (fluent) - Malayalam (mother tongue)
- French (fluent) - Tamil (intermediate)
- Hindi (fluent) - Spanish (Basic)
- German (Basic)
Microsoft Office, (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook), Microsoft Windows (7,
vista etc), Fidelio & Opera (Hotel industry), Win books & MICROS (Accounting).