Hispanic Youth Institute’s
All Purpose Resume Builder
Use this questionnaire to develop your resume, cover letter, elevator speech or anything (or
anyone) that asks about you and your experience. This can be especially useful when doing
multiple applications that ask for different things, and you can place everything here.
1. What School do you attend? ______________________________
a. What’s your GPA? ________________________________
b. When are you graduating ? _________________________
2. What clubs are you involved in?
Organization/Club Leadership Title Involvement Years
3. Do you have any work/community service experience?
Employer/Organization Title Duties/Accomplishments Years
4. How fast can you type? __________________________________________________
5. Do you know how to use any computer programs (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Flash,
6. Have you traveled outside the U.S.? Where? ________________________________
7. Can you speak more than one language? ___________________________________
8. What are your career and/or personal goals? _______________________________
9. Do you have any mentors, employers, teachers, etc. you can cask for a
recommender or to place as a reference?
Name Title Phone E-Mail Relationship
10. Have you started applying for colleges?
Name of Location Why Did You Apply There? Cost
Person(s) to ask for recommenders or place as mentors