A. Name and Email. Type your name and email address at the top of this
B. Save this File. Select File>Save As…
Go to the folder you want to save the file in.
In the File Name textbox, double-click on lastname (this will
highlight the word) and then type your REAL last name
C. Click in the boxes below and answer the following questions. Save often.
Note: If you are using Microsoft Works or another word processing program, insert your
answers below each question.
If you are using the PDF version, answer the questions in the body of an email message –
make sure to number your answers so I know what you’re answering…
1. Please introduce yourself.
Tell me why you’re taking the course, what your education goals are, and any other
information that you believe might be helpful.
2. Have you taken a distance class before? Yes No
If YES, what class did you take and how did it go?
3. What is the best phone number to reach you at?
(include the area code)
ECO-201 Principles of Macroeconomics Orientation Page 1 of 5
4. What is your mailing address?
address, city, state, zip (on one line)
City: State: Zip:
5. What is your CMC Student ID number?
It’s on your registration receipt – it is NOT your social security number.
My student ID is
I don’t know – could you email it to me?
6. What type of Internet connection do you have?
High Speed (Cable TV, DSL, ISDN, Satellite, LAN, etc.)
7. Which word processing program will you use for this class installed on
your computer? Note: Do NOT use Microsoft Works or WordPerfect…
Microsoft Word (please include the version)
OpenOffice Word (available for free @ www.openoffice.org)
8. Where will you get the course videos from?
ECO-201 Principles of Macroeconomics Orientation Page 2 of 5
Questions from the course website
9. What is your instructor’s name
What is his email address?
10. What is the course website’s address?
Hint: there is no ‘www’ in the address…
11. What are the names of the 2-required textbooks (and their authors)?
a. Telecourse book
12. Both the syllabus and the Telecourse Guide have suggestions on how to
approach this course. List and briefly explain the Telecourse Guidelines to
each week’s assignment (see the Syllabus or the Telecourse Guide, page
13. When are assignments due each week (day and time)?
What is the policy concerning late work?
14. When are the 2-exams (due dates)?
ECO-201 Principles of Macroeconomics Orientation Page 3 of 5
15. What assignment is due June 15 (Lesson number and title)?
16. Do you have any questions or comments?
Turn to the next page and fill-out the course contract…
ECO-201 Principles of Macroeconomics Orientation Page 4 of 5
ECO-201 Principles of Macroeconomics
I HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS
COURSE AS PUBLISHED IN THE SUMMER SEMESTER, 2006 BULLETIN AND THE
Signature (type your name) Date
ECO-201 Principles of Macroeconomics Orientation Page 5 of 5