03/0506, Issue 1
Third Meeting of 2005/2006 Season
Date of Meeting: 17 October 2005 Location: 6 Chippendale Close
Time Opened: 18-00 Time Closed: 19-00
Present: Andy Abbott
Mike Pitfield Secretary
1.1 Apologies were received from M Robinson and J Abbott. A Abbott acted as Chairman.
2 Minutes of the Previous Meeting
2.1 The Minutes of the meeting held on 5 September 2005 were agreed as an accurate record.
3 Actions and Matters Arising
3.1 Action 2/6/03: M Pitfield and P Robinson to investigate the possibility of getting door locks changed.
It was agreed that the Rec Soc should be approached to change the lock on the back door.
Action On going.
3.2 Action 1/1/04: J Pitfield to purchase a freezer. J Pitfield reported that a fridge/freezer has been
purchased Action Completed.
3.3 Action 1/11/04: M Robinson to contact Brimpton to discuss their expectations and to arrange a visit to
the proposed venue (preferably on a Thursday). A visit to Brimpton took place on 15 September 2005.
It was agreed that it would not be practicable to transfer the current production. The Players will
contact Brimpton when a play suitable to transfer is in production. Action Completed.
3.4 A Abbott stated that he will circulate new Boundary Players logos for comment when they have been
4.1.1 “Entertainment Technology”, Issues 113 and 114.
4.1.2 “Amateur Stage”, October 2005.
4.2.1 An introductory letter from “Star Tech”.
4.2.2 Request from Reading Library to review the information held on their database.
4.2.3 Information from two touring pantomime companies.
4.3 There was no other correspondence.
Page 1 of 3
03/0506, Issue 1
5.1.1 On behalf of the Chairman, P Robinson reported that the request to install magnetic catches on the fire
doors and to put in place an interim safe system of work to wedge the doors open have been
acknowledged by the Fire Authority.
5.1.2 There was nothing else to report.
6 2005/2006 Season
6.1.1 Current Production
220.127.116.11 M Middleditch reported that rehearsals are going well, with the first full run through scheduled to take
place later in the week.
18.104.22.168 It was noted that J Abbott is preparing a props list and that a prospective new member has offered to
dress the set. Some items of furniture have yet to be sourced.
22.214.171.124 It was noted that the “box office” phone will have to be passed to A Phipps so that she can take ticket
6.1.2 Future Production
126.96.36.199 Jekyll and Hyde is currently under consideration.
6.2 Theatre Bookings
6.2.1 A Abbott agreed to confirm whether a Youth group from Reading will be using the Theatre on 24-
7.1.1 The postcards are due by 21/10/2005 and posters are going up.
7.1.2 The press release has been produced and publicity photos will be taken at the rehearsal on 18/10/2005.
7.1.3 S Schollar has drafted a letter to Michael Palin, author of the current production, inviting him to the
7.2.1 S Schollar reported that in the continuing absence of Committee photos and reviews of the previous
production he would publish the next issue of BackChat.
7.3.1 A Abbott reported that the Website is up-to-date,
8 The new Rec Soc
8.1 A Abbott reported that lobbying of the AWE Board is on-going.
9.1 It was agreed that the broken Bosch cordless drill can be replaced.
Page 2 of 3
03/0506, Issue 1
10 Date of Next Meeting
10.1 28 November 2005 at 18-00.
Distribution: All members of the Committee
Action Ref Action Actionee
2/6/03 To investigate the possibility of getting door locks changed. M Pitfield and
Page 3 of 3