ANDERSON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
School District Number Five
Anderson, South Carolina
TITLE: Social Worker (Grant Position)
QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree in social work and three years experience
working with at risk students, parents, and community
Works effectively with public agencies regarding
services for at risk students/families
Effectively communicates verbally and in writing
Possesses personal characteristics such as assertive,
compassionate, empathetic, adaptable, non-judgemental
and able to work with people at their level
REPORTS TO: Director of School and Community Services
JOB GOAL: To implement strategies and standards for working with
families and children, decrease behavior referrals in the
schools, individual, family, and group counseling, conduct
parenting classes, provide bullying training and early
childhood development and behavior modification training
to teachers and school personnel, connect families to
community and agency resources and identify of needs.
1. Monitors student attendance to assess patterns and or problems.
2. Communicates with parents via telephone and conducts follow up home visits to
assess related problems.
3. Provides parenting classes for identified parents.
4. Consults with other staff to make referrals to appropriate agencies for family
5. Assists parents and families in connecting with transportation, community and district
6. Provides individual, family, and group counseling.
7. Documents identified problems through student and or parent communications and
utilizes personal observation as part of the process.
8. Provides Bullying and Early Childhood Development and Behavior Modification
Training for teachers and district staff after receiving training.
9. Collaborates with teachers and or staff to provide services to students and families.
10. Conducts or arranges parent workshops and assists in planning special programs.
11. Works with receiving schools to facilitate placement in their programs.
12. Maintains detailed records of contacts with students, parents, staff, community
agencies, transition meetings, and other records of child’s placement.
13. Informs families of benefits and services available through community agencies.
14. Acts as a liaison between applicants and DSS when needed.
15. Participates in staff development and training as determined by supervisor.
16. Maintains confidentiality.
17. Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor (some Saturdays for
Therapeutic Truancy Camp).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 190 Days. Salary: $35,000. (Grant Position)
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by
the Director of School and Community Services.