Post: Facilities Team Leader
Hours: 37 Hours All Year
Responsible To: Head of Facilities
Summary of Post: To support the Head of Facilities in the running of the colleges
Facilities services and the goods in Department. Providing
guidance to staff regarding everyday operations and helpdesk
tasks and to work closely with the maintenance team ensuring
the continuity of services provided to the college.
General Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. To participate in the Staff Appraisal Scheme and to undertake training based
on individual and service needs.
2. To take a lead in creating a positive, inclusive ethos that challenges
discrimination and promotes equality and diversity.
3. To actively partake in quality assurance within the Division.
4. To manage a team of staff delivering a range of Facilities services across
5. To take a leading role in the running of the colleges Facilities services and
supporting the Head of Facilities.
6. Controlling the Goods in service ensuring deliveries are accurate and stored
or distributed quickly according to priority, and that college regulations and
procedures are followed.
7. Ensuring the Colleges reprographics department runs efficiently and provides
a cost effective customer service.
8. To oversee and assist designated personnel ensuring the colleges best
interests are catered for.
9. To supervise the issue and return of college vehicles and driving licence
control if required.
10. To ensure coordination in the management of contractors visiting site,
including access issues and permit to work systems as required.
11. To work closely with site security staff, ensuring they are informed of any
developments or requirements in service.
12. To act as a Fire Marshal
13. To act as a First Aider across campus.
14. To manage goods in paperwork and liaise with the relevant departments
regarding stock and purchases.
15. To regularly report to the Head of facilities regarding service developments.
16. To ensure help desk tickets are completed by Facilities support staff and
returned to the office completed correctly.
17. To have a hands on role in the running of the goods in service with a
responsibility for stock control systems and the movement of goods.
18. To have hands on role in the organisation of the colleges Facilities duties
ensuring a good service.
19. To ensure the security of the stock within the goods in department.
20. To ensure the college vehicles are kept clean inside and out to a good
21. To manage the college postal system sorting and deliveries as required.
22. To set up and relocate furniture and or other materials during office moves in
any areas of the college as required.
23. Ability and willingness to carry out works out of normal hours if required.
24. To ensure the management of the colleges recycling services are carried out
25. To carry out the clearing of snow in bad weather conditions.
26. To undertake any training considered to be relevant to the post.
27. Undertakes such other duties commensurate with the grade of the post.
FACILITIES TEAM LEADER
1. Level 2 qualifications in Literacy and Numeracy. √
2. At Least two years experience in leading a team of staff. √ √
3. Experience of goods in and stock control systems. √ √
4. Must be able to undertake heavy lifting and manual duties. √
5. Flexibility in approach to tasks. √
6. Must be physically fit to carry out required duties. √ √
7. Computer literate in using Microsoft packages such as Excel etc √ √
8. Have an understanding of a college environment. √
9. Good Organisational and time management skills. √
10. Good Communication and interpersonal skills. √
11. Able to work under pressure and cope with changing demands. √
12. Sound Knowledge and experience of Health and Safety √ √
13. Up to date knowledge and awareness of Health & Safety legislation, Permit √ √
to work, Risk Assessment, and Good practice.
14. Qualified First Aider √ √
15. Qualified to level 3 in a supervisory related subject √
Advice to Candidates
Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced disclosure from the
Criminal Records Bureau.
Failure to meet all the essential criteria would not necessarily preclude your
application. Consideration will be given to experience and life skills. Thanet College
take pride in their Investors in People Award and Continual Professional
Development will be supported and encouraged.
In completing your application please draw attention to the extent to which you meet
each of the essential and desirable characteristics for the post as this will assist with
the shortlisting process.
Whilst applicants may submit a CV in support of their application please note
that the College application form itself must be completed in full.
It is regretted that separate notification cannot be given to candidates not included
on the shortlist for interview. Therefore, if no invitation is received from the College
within two weeks of the closing date candidates must assume that their application
has been unsuccessful.
Please make the HR department aware if there are dates that you are unavailable for
Closing Date: Wednesday 4th May 2011