San Mateo County Youth Commission
San Mateo County Board Chambers
455 County Center, Redwood City
February 16th, 2012
6:15pm – 8:15pm
1. Treat others the way you want to be 4. No cell phones except during an
treated. emergency or break.
2. Always listen to what others have to 5. Check and respond to emails.
say. 6. Step up, step back.
3. Be positive. 7. Work hard, play hard.
8. Keep commitments.
1. Call to Order- Han/Semelman 10 min
b. Check In/Icebreaker
c. Introduction of guests
2. Approval and Adoption of Agenda- Han/Semelman 1 min
3. Approval of Minutes – Han/Semelman 1 min
a. January 19th, 2012 - attachment
4. Public Comment 10 min
(Members of the public may address the commission on youth related issues and concerns that are not currently
on the agenda. Please complete a Request Form found in the front entry, hand it to one of the Youth
Commission Chairs, and limit your remarks to two minutes. The public is welcome to speak on Agenda Items
throughout the meeting.)
a. “Public Presentations” Fahad Quarsi, Youth 60 min
b. Gurus of Dance, YDI Staff 5 min
BREAK 5 min
6. Acknowledgements – YC Staff 5 min
i. Feb: Chee, Amistad, Amerian
7. Discussion Items 21 min
a. Track Break Outs
8. Announcements 1 min
9. Adjournment 1 min
Next Public Meeting: February 23rd, 2012
Next Executive Board Meeting: March 1st, 2012
Next Policy Track Meeting: March 8th, 2012
Next Workgroup Meeting: March 15th, 2012
The San Mateo County Youth Commission was established in 1993 by the San Mateo County Board of
Supervisors. The YC is coordinated through Youth Development Initiative a Program of StarVista. The YC is
supported by the SMC Health Department, Health Policy & Planning Unit.