Mrs. A. Wright Room 5104
299-4415 ext. 2704
Rules and Responsibilities
1. My things are my things; your things are your things! Do not confuse the two!
2. You MUST have your ID on.
3. Homework is due on my podium before the bell rings.
4. When the bell rings, even if I am not in the classroom, you will be in your seat and quiet.
5. Tardies, no notebook, etc.:
a. 1st Offense -- $.50 to the candy/kleenex fund OR D-hall
b. 2nd Offense -- D-hall
c. 3rd Offense -- 2 days of D-hall and parents contacted
d. 4th Offense -- Student will see Assistant Principal; Friday School Service
e. These forms of discipline may be altered if another form of discipline is more
6. Gum--you may have it but I do not want to see or hear it. No candy or food.
7. I dismiss you, not the bell. I will also inform you when our class time is concluded so
that you may pack your belongings.
8. NO LATE WORK!!! Be responsible and finish your assignments early.
9. Absences-- It is your responsibility to find out what you missed. I encourage you to find
a phone buddy you may call if you miss class. Also, the assignment board is always
updated. If you know you will be absent, plan ahead and ask me for the work you will
10. Bathroom - Please use the restroom before or after class. If you go before class begins,
let me know so that I know where you are.
11. No sleeping or putting your head on your desk.
12. Do not work on other class work while in this class (no math—no calculator, English
reading, etc.) or it may be confiscated and not returned.
13. Please do not groom yourself during class (i.e. use facial makeup, brush hair, etc.)
14. Absolutely NO cell phones.
15. Follow the dress code. You know the rules--follow them. Please do not put me in an
embarrassing situation where I must confront you for immodesty/inappropriateness.
16. Don’t compromise your integrity by cheating. Respect yourself, me, and other people
enough to do what is right.
17. The bookcase at the front of the room has a three-hole punch, stapler, and Kleenex for
your use. Please do not mess with the fans (the knob is broken anyway).
18. Please pick up your trash and throw it away. Please recycle paper in the box under the
Items for Class
Every day bring:
Notebook with looseleaf paper - NO spiral paper!
Pen and Pencil (Both!)
Own copy of Sean Covey’s The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens.
1. The scale is on a point system. You receive points for:
b. Class participation – Activities, guest speakers, movies, recycling, etc.
c. Discussion grade - must be prepared to summarize each concept of the
d. Final Exam
2. Extra credit - Perfect attendance each nine weeks
a. Usually have at least two days to one week to complete
b. Usually none on weekends
c. Always written on board
d. No late work! Please be responsible.
1. If you miss class, contact a fellow student for notes, assignments, due dates,
etc. If you still have questions, email me or call my extension.
2. Handbook stipulations
a. Class activities and homework are listed on assignment board.
b. Student handbook stipulates that you have one day per absence to
c. If you know that an assignment is due or that an exam is being given on
the day you return, you must be prepared for class.
d. It is your responsibility to find out what you missed and have the
assignments in on time. I will not remind you.
3. Serious illness
a. Contact your attendance office and they will send make-up sheets or an
email to each teacher.
b. If you can do work during your time at home, it will make it less
stressful when you return to school.
1. Student help
a. Before school at 7:30
b. After school until at least 4:00
2. Please feel free to come and speak with me about anything that may be
troubling you. I'm a good listener!!!
3. Question of the day! We will not have this every day so do not ask!
a. Listen to every student's response
b. You must answer the question
c. Your answer will be appropriate for the classroom