Hours: As Required (adhoc)
Responsible to: Examinations Officer
Summary of post: Responsible for maintaining the security of examination papers and
overseeing examination invigilation conforming to the College and
JCQ / Awarding Body guidelines and regulations.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To check that correct examination papers are held for the examination being
2. To check and verify students’ identity at the examination room.
3. To invigilate the examination in accordance with the College and JCQ / Awarding
Body guidelines and regulations.
4. To ensure that all question papers and answer sheets are returned by candidates
in order that they can be handed in to the Registry Office at the end of the
5. To invigilate online tests in accordance with the College and JCQ / Awarding Body
guidelines and regulations.
6. To invigilate off site at other locations when necessary.
7. To maintain a communication with the Registry Office.
8. To act as a reader, scribe or prompter to students in examination conditions
9. To work as part of a team of invigilators when invigilating larger examinations.
10. To work in accordance with college and legislative equality and diversity
1 Level 2 qualification in Literacy/Numeracy or equivalent
2 Previous experience of working with the public / students
3 Prior administration/ office experience
4 Basic IT Skills
5 Excellent interpersonal skills
6 Good organisational skills
7 Able to work flexible hours (some evening work required)
8 Ability and experience of maintaining confidentiality and security
9 Driving licence and use of car, or other appropriate means of travel,
subject to the provisions of the Equality Act 2010
Advice to Candidates
Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Criminal
Failure to meet all the essential criteria would not necessarily preclude your application.
Consideration will be given to experience and life skills. Thanet College take pride in their
Investors in People Award and Continual Professional Development will be supported and
In completing your application please draw attention to the extent to which you meet each
of the essential and desirable characteristics for the post as this will assist with the
Whilst applicants may submit a CV in support of their application please note that
the College application form itself must be completed in full.
It is regretted that separate notification cannot be given to candidates not included on the
shortlist for interview. Therefore, if no invitation is received from the College within two
weeks of the closing date candidates must assume that their application has been
Please make the HR department aware if there are dates that you are unavailable for