Office of Judicial Affairs
501 Culkin Hall
STATEMENT OF CHARGES
Name: Ms. Rebecca Nadzadi Name: Alexander Myers
Address: Student Affairs Address: 625 Hart Hall
711 Culkin Hall Phone: 315-591-7360
Phone: 315-312-3378 Class Year: Exchange student
Identification #: 803802242
CoCo #: 2012-1088
Section(s) of the Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities and Conduct allegedly violated:
43.A. All forms of dishonesty which harm an individual member(s) of the College, the integrity of the academic
programs or the educational interests and mission of the College, or a College activity or procedure whether
by act or omission, including but not limited to:
1. cheating, plagiarism and other forms of academic dishonesty;
2. knowingly furnishing false information to the College;
3. forgery or alteration or use of documents with intent to defraud, or alteration of instruments of
identification or use of altered instruments of identification.
43.C. Disruptive behavior, including but not limited to:
1. harassment, intimidation, stalking, domestic violence, or creating a hostile environment through
discrimination or bias toward any individual or group of individuals;
2. acts of bias, or inciting violence, targeted toward an individual or group of individuals;
3. physical abuse, assault and/or battery;
4. threats toward any individual or group of individuals, or causing harm or reasonable apprehension of
harm, or invasion of privacy;
5. creation of a condition or situation that endangers mental or physical health of self or others;
6. conduct which inhibits the peace or safety of members of the College community;
7. conduct related to the use, possession, or distribution of alcohol or other drugs including intoxication
and driving while intoxicated or impaired.
8. retaliation, harassment or coercion of parties to judicial actions or witnesses
Specifically: Campus network resources may not be used to defame, harass, intimidate, or threaten another
individual or group. (2012-2013 Student Handbook page 56)
Date of Incident: October 17, 2012 Time of Incident: 2:26 PM Location of Incident: E-mail correspondence
Brief Description of Incident: It is alleged that on October 17, 2012, Alexander Myers e-mailed the head hockey
coaches of Canisius College and Cornell University and the coach of Cortland Club Hockey . In these e-mails, Mr.
Myers stated, “I work for the Office of Public Affairs at SUNY Oswego”. He further stated, “I am currently
writing a profile on Oswego State Hockey head coach...hoping to get a rival coaches view on Mr. Gosek”. Mr.
Myers inquired about interactions between these three coaches and Oswego’s hockey head coach. At the end of his
e-mail, Mr. Myers encouraged all three coaches to “be as forthcoming as you like, what you say about [The
Oswego Coach] does not have to be positive.” The head hockey coach of Cornell University, in his reply informed
Mr. Myers, "Your last line saying that your comments don't need to be positive is offensive." There is no record of
this assignment or task from the Office of Public Affairs at SUNY Oswego.
The above statements are true to the best of my knowledge, and I understand that intentional misrepresentation of
facts may result in disciplinary action. By signing this form, I give consent to release all relevant information
pertaining to this incident.
Signature of Complainant Date