Click on website below or type it in..
Diagram-Hair Websites Review questions
Check out this website
Integumentary System Tutorial
Facts About Skin http://www.rose.cc.ok.us/faculty/gjackson/a-f-inte.htm
SEE QUESTIONS BELOW
Some Review Questions
1. What are the layers of the skin?
2. What are the functions of the following epidermal cells? keratinocytes, & melanocytes
3. Identify the layers of the epidermis
a. stratum basal
b. stratum spinosum
c. stratum granulosum
d. stratum lucidum
e. stratum corneum
4. Where is the dermis? What kind of structures are encountered in the dermis but not
in the epidermis?
5. Identify the "layers" of the dermis. Describe the tissue composition of each layer.
a. papillary layer
b. reticular layer
6. Identify the regions of a hair: follicle, hair bulb, matrix , cuticle, cortex, medulla
7. How does hair grow? What determines if it is curly, wavy or straight?
8. What causes baldness?
9. What is the anatomy of a nail? What is its function?
10. What are sudoriferous glands? Where are they located and how many of them do
11. What is sweat?
12. What are sebaceous glands? Where are they found? What is their function?
13. Identify the functions of the integumentary system
14. What is the difference between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree burns?
15. Identify the types of skin cancer. Which one is the most deadly? What causes skin
a. basal cell carcinoma
b. squamous cell carcinoma
c. malignant melanoma