1. Click the Response Needed link under "Collaboration Requests".
2. Click the Request Number field.
3. Enter the desired information into the "Request Number" field. For this training, the "PR"
number has been entered for you.
Press [Enter] to continue.
4. Click the Search button.
5. Click the PR Number link.
6. Click the Respond drop-down.
7. Click the Respond With Proposal.
If you have previously responded with a proposal, you will choose "Revise Proposal"
8. Click the Next button.
9. Click the Work Order Status drop-down list.
10. Click Proposal.
11. Click the Add items button.
Do not "Edit" or "Remove" line item 1. This is a system requirement for processing and is
automatically deleted when the Purchase Order is completed.
Date Created: 2/14/2012 3:19:00 PM Page 1
12. Click the Add to Cart button.
You may also click the "Create Non-Catalog Item" to enter items. This process is shown
later in this module.
13. Enter the desired quantity by clicking the Qty field.
14. For this training, the quantity of "2" has been entered for you.
Quantity will either be in "Hours" or "Eaches" (number of parts).
15. Click the Update Total object.
16. Add additional items by clicking "Add Items".
Click the Add items button.
Note: Each item must be listed separately.
17. Click the Create Non-Catalog Item button to add an item not in the catalog.
18. Click in the Full Description field.
For trip charges, you will put "Trip Charge" in the description.
19. For this training, "Battery" has been entered for you.
20. Click the Item Type drop-down.
21. Choose the appropriate item.
For this training, click Parts.
You would choose "Labor" for trip charges and other labor time.
22. Click in the Supplier Part Number field.
23. For this training, the part number "1234" has been added for you.
For Labor items, you may enter any number you choose, Ariba requires a number to be
Date Created: 2/14/2012 3:19:00 PM Page 2
24. Click in the Price field.
25. For this training, "$200.00USD" has been entered for you.
You may also need to change the two fields above:
Quantity - To change number of parts or hours of labor
Unit of Measure - Select "Each" for parts or "Hours" for labor. Note: "Each" requires
whole numbers where "Hours" can be broken up into .25 increments.
26. Click the Update Total button
27. Click OK.
28. Click the Submit button.
29. A message confirms that you have submitted a proposal.
Your proposal will be reviewed within the Target LOS. Once your proposal is approved
you will immediately receive an approval email from Maximo with the new NTE amount.
In Ariba, the collaboration request will still say "Awaiting Response from buyer." This
status will not change. The only change in Ariba will be the not-to-exceed amount, which
should show within 2 hours of approval.
If your proposal is denied or there are concerns you will we contacted by Target through
email. Then you will need to revise your proposal. For steps on how to revise your
proposal continue this lesson.
30. Click the Respond drop-down.
31. Click the Revise Proposal link.
32. The "Revise Proposal" screen appears.
From here you may make Edits, Remove items, or Add items.
Date Created: 2/14/2012 3:19:00 PM Page 3
33. This lesson taught you how to submit a proposal.
If the service/repair cannot be completed within the not to exceed (NTE) amount and
cannot be immediately repaired onsite, due to reasons such as parts must be ordered, a
proposal will need to be submitted in Ariba.
Tax and Shipping are not included in the NTE, therefore they should not be included in
the proposal. Those items are to be added during invoicing.
If the service/repair cannot be completed within the not to exceed (NTE) amount, but
can immediately be repaired onsite if additional funds are approved, contact the
appropriate Target resource:
* Stores - Contact FMOC at 1-888-888-0304.
* Headquarters - Contact Corporate Real Estate at 1-800-945-7777.
* Distribution Center - Contact the Facilities Operations Group Leader at the DC. Contact
information can be found on the Maximo Work Order Request.
End of Procedure.
Date Created: 2/14/2012 3:19:00 PM Page 4