10 Bowfishing Accessories You
• Bowfishing is a more fun way to catch fish. The fisher is more
active. He does not just sit there. He looks around and finds a
fish to catch. He aims and shoots. If you want to try bow
fishing, you will need bow, arrows and reel. It is better if you
will have a spare arrow and reel. There are also plenty of
accessories that you could buy.
• Accessory #1 – Arrow Rest
• You will also need an arrow rest that’s made especially for
bow fishing. Many people think that the same arrow rest they
use for deer hunting can be used but they’re wrong. There are
some arrow rests that work only with a particular type of
PSE Snapshot Bowfishing Rest
- Material: High grade aluminum and stainless
- Dexterity: Left or Right Hand
• Accessory #2 – Reversible Barb
• While there is no rule on the kind of fish point you will use, it
is better if you will choose one with reversible barb. It makes
shooting, removing fish and being ready to shoot again much
• Accessory #3 – Baton
• There are many options for baton. Some use a solid baton to
pacify the fish as soon as possible. Other batons also have a
protruding bolt. It penetrates the skull and eyes.
• Accessory #4 – Floating Gaff
• A floating gaff is one of the most important accessories that
you could buy. A great choice is one that is made from a
durable metal like aluminum and is a center-grip type.
• Accessory #5 – Nock
• You will also need a nock. There are nocks that are lighted and
there are several options when it comes to colors. For nocks,
the lighter the better.
• Accessory #6 – Container
• It is best if you could have a container where you could store
the fishes. It could be a bin that’s specially made for
bowfishing. It could be a cooler.
• Accessory #7 – Polarized Sunglasses
• Whether you will hunt in clear water or in muddy water,
having polarized sunglasses is always better. It lets you see the
Light Stryke Bowfish Laser Sight
- Laser: Green
- Power: 5mw
• Accessory #8 – Safety Slide
• Are you tired of arrow snapbacks? You can buy a safety slide.
A safety slide is attached to the arrow to prevent it from
snapping back. When buying safety slides, make sure to look
for its compatibility with the arrow and reel.
• Accessory #9 – Finger Tabs
• If your problem is roll off fingers, look for some finger tabs.
They are a good buy for they protect the fingers from the
• Accessory #10 – Adhesive or Glue
• You can never tell when you will need to bond nocks and
vanes. It is better to have reliable glue or adhesive in your kit
when going fishing.
Cajun Bowfishing Kit
- Compatible with: Any bow with AMO
Standard rest and stabilizer hole