Review and Reflection
Dissertation/Project Completion Review
Once your dissertation is complete, towards the end of your last term before
finals, it may be useful to reflect on your overall achievements while at UCN.
This may help you clarify further study plans or career goals and will help
you put into words the benefits you have gained from studying a degree.
During the progress of your dissertation:
1. What skills have you gained, and what have emerged as your
particular strengths? How do you plan to develop these further?
2. Have any weaknesses emerged? How can you improve on these?
3. Do you have any idea of opportunities for work in the area related to
the project you have been doing? Or, have you realized through doing
the project, you would like to pursue a career in another unrelated
Reflection on your overall achievements:
4. In addition to academic qualifications, what other things have you
gained from your undergraduate studies? In particular how do you
think you have developed as a person?
5. How clear are you about your next steps? What further information do
you require to enable you to plan effectively?
(Look at the Career Action Plan for suggestions or use the link to
the Careerplan web pages)
Finally, have you found getting involved in personal development
activities, such as reflection and planning, a useful process?
NUPAD Personal Development Planning