A Little About
• This is my eighth year to teach in the district.
• I am married to Jon and have 2 amazing kids,
Drew and Morgan.
• Drew will be a 11th grader at Boswell and Morgan
will be a 5th grader here at Bryson.
• I grew up in this district and graduated in 1984
from good ole’ Bos!
• You will need to present your driver’s
license every time you enter the
building. The front desk will keep
your license until you exit the
• Birthday’s: We are unable to have
birthday cupcakes, etc….
• Although, Mrs. Miller will make sure
they feel special on their birthday.
• NO SUPERVISION BEFORE 7:10 A.M.
• See the map in your packet.
• Drop Off: K-2 (Front)
3-5 (North side by buses) The north side
is not monitored. Make sure you let them
off by the curb and not next to the buses
• If you have a combination of ages, you get
• You must arrive by 7:20 in order to be served
• Morning arrival change: For Safety and Security
reasons, starting the 2nd week of school, parents
will need to drop off their children and allow them
to go to the safe and secure location we have set
up with Bryson supervision. Parents and visitors
will not be allowed to enter the school and wait
with their children in the cafeteria, gym or
• Must pick up student by 2:40 p.m.
• K-1: South side
• 2-5: Front
• Remember: No cell phones or tobacco
• Must park in a parking place. Only park in
handicap if you have the sticker.
Otherwise, it could be a $200 ticket.
• If your child is changing the way they go
home, a note must be sent and signed by
the parent. Only guardian signatures will
be accepted. A step-parent signature will
be accepted as long as they are a guardian.
• You may also come to the school in person.
• Arrive by 7:30 a.m. (Teachers start
picking the classes up at this time.)
• School starts at 7:40 a.m.
• Warning letters will be sent at 10 and 20
unexcused tardies. A court referral will
be made after 30 tardies.
• If you child is absent, please send me an e-mail or a
note. If you call me and leave a voice mail, I will still
need a note or e-mail in within 3 days in order for the
absence to be excused.
• Official attendance letter will be mailed to the parent
when their child has 3, 6, and 10 unexcused absences.
• Please note that if a student comes to school and
leaves before 10, they will be counted absent.
• Attendance is taken at 10:00 a.m. each day.
• Please make sure your child has all
items needed for their school day.
The office will not be able to call the
classroom to deliver items to the
• Please notify the teacher the day
before if your child will have an early
• There are no microwaves in the
• Breakfast: $1.35
• Lunch: $2.15
• Only parents can bring a lunch to
• Please fill these out and return
• Note: Some people get confused
about the publication option. If you
check NO for your student, they will
not be in the yearbook or on the web
BOB (Bryson Organizational
• This is a great tool. Student’s are required to
write assignments in it daily. They are to put a
check by it if the assignment is completed in class
or circle it if they did not finish it and it is
• There will also be a Take Home (Notes &
Homework) and Graded Papers plastic sleeve in
their BOB to help with organization.
• There will be a job as Planner Checker to see if
the planners are being filled out daily.
• All work that is not finished in class is
expected to be done for homework, unless
the teacher instructs you otherwise.
• There will be a weekly Reading Log,
Fluency Passages, Multiplication Facts,
Spelling Words and Math Homework
• Behavior marks will be recorded in
the planner on a regular basis. At
the end of the nine weeks, a copy of
their behavior sheet will be included
with their report card.
• Your child is allowed to bring a
healthy snack. They are also allowed
to have a water bottle on their desk
at all times.
• The easiest and fastest line of communication is
email. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
• If email is not convenient the school’s phone
number is (817) 237-8306. I do not check my
messages during the day except during my
• The class website is a good source of information.
I will keep it updated constantly.
To better keep up with your child’s grades look at
Family Access located on our district’s website,
www.emsisd.com. There is a form in your packet
with all of the information. Please fill it out and
take it directly to the Administration building
across the street. You can set specific triggers
that will automatically send you an e-mail. This is
a great tool! Please use it.
What can you do to help
your third grader succeed?
• Practice math facts with them.
• Read nightly with your student then ask them questions
about the story that you are reading.
• Practice reading sight words. These will come home once a
month and also be posted on my web site.
• Check their BOB daily for important notes.
• Make sure that your child does their correct and returns.
• Encourage your child to participate in the extra-curricular
activities at school.
• Kids learn through watching, model good reading habits!
• Bryson Elementary | Miller, Kim - 3rd Grade
Please turn in the
following forms tonight.
• Turn in the following forms.
• 1. Welcome
• 2. Student Residency Questionnaire
• 3. Waiver
• 4. Website Permission Form
• 5. FERPA (2012 - 2013 Notice of Disclosure of Student
• 6. Field Trip Permission
• 7. PTA Fundraising
• 8. Health Services
• 9. Family Access (Only if you are starting a new account.
If you have already signed up previously, it is still good.)