Sports Trivia Questions Answers
Sports trivia questions answers.
1. What sport used the term "home run" long before baseball?
2. Who was the first U.S. volleyball player to win three Olympic gold medals?
3. What was the only team to win two World Series in the 1980's?
4. What NFL team is known as the "ain'ts" when on a losing streak?
5. What's an NBA player deemed to be if he's received the Maurice Podoloff Trophy?
6. What Washington Capitals goalie earned the nicknames "Ace" and "Net Detective"?
7. What NBA team plays home games in the Alamo dome?
8. Who graciously switched to number 77 so Phil Esposito's number 7 could be retired in Boston
9. What company's logo is called the "swoosh"?
10. What Red Sox catcher's erect posture earned him the clubhouse nickname "Frankenstein"?
11. What sport did Herve Filion top with a record of 14,084 wins?
12. What team hired the NFL's first professional cheerleading squad, in 1972?
13. What Native American language was Super Bowl XXX the first to be broadcast in?
14. What nickname do boxing fans call 300-pound Eric Esch, King of the Four-Rounders?
15. What 1995 World Series teams were both picketed by the American Indian Movement?
16. What diet drink was hyped by Coca-Cola for having only only calorie, in 1963?
17. What comic actor scored huge sales with his Bad Golf Made Easy instructional videos?
18. What country fielded 1996 Olympic women's teams that won gold in basketball, soccer and
19. What Grand Slam golf tournament has the most clubhousers sipping mint juleps?
Who is the only tennis player to have won each of the four grand slam events at least four times?
20. What decade saw names first appear on the backs of NFL jerseys?