425 Cameron St. (469) 371-3349
Alexandria, VA 22314 firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior executive with experience in the United States, Europe and the Middle East. The most recent 15 years in
the sourcing of IT related professional services in both client-advisory and supplier positions, out of the last two
decades in technical and strategic consulting. Prior client – side financial and marketing positions. Successfully
managed in environments ranging from small private startups to Global Fortune 1, and from local not-for-profit
to Federal government organizations. Broad range of commercial industry verticals, Federal and DoD
experience, with a Top Secret clearance.
Specific Qualifications and Skills
Sourcing Strategy, Transactions and Transitions • Sourcing Management, Governance, Transformations and
Change Management • Strategic and Technical Consulting • Business Development and Marketing •
Program and Engagement Management• Finance and Accounting
Representative Client Engagements in the U.S. and Europe:
Client Advisory for Sourcing Governance, Transition and Change Management: Disney, GM,
TIAA-CREF, ING, Educational Testing Services, NYU Medical Centers, Mt. Sinai Hospital, CIGNA,
Central Maine Medical Centers and others.
Client Advisory for Sourcing Strategy and Transactions: BP, WellPoint/Anthem, The State of Texas,
Talecris Biotherapeutics, Conseco, SW Washington Medical Center, Eli Lilly and others.
Supplier Side IT Sourcing and Professional Services: Bay Medical Center, Botsford Medical Center,
Central Connecticut Healthcare Association, St. Vincent’s Health System, Eisenhower Medical Center,
Tarrant County Hospital District, Mercy Monroe Hospital and others.
Technical and Strategic Consulting and Program Management: Approximately 65 engagements in
Healthcare provider and payor segments including Sutter, Tenet, Cerner, HCA, Tarrant County Hospital
District and others.
Federal and State Government Sourcing Advisory: Special Operations Command, US Postal Service,
General Services Administration, Defense Logistics Agency, Health and Human Services, Military
Health System, US Department of Agriculture and others.
DIRECTOR – Gartner, Inc. 2009 – Present
(Gartner, inc. is a leading global technology research, analysis and consulting firm)
Participated in or managed multiple Federal IT Sourcing, Outsourcing, services development and acquisition
engagements under a Top Secret clearance.
• Recommended Best Practice enhancements for a $150M/yr sourcing management/transition program
• Contributed to the analysis of alternatives for a new EHR system for the US Military Health Services
• Supported the development of a new contract for personnel and professional services totaling $685M/yr
SENIOR ADVISOR – Technology Partners International, Inc. 2004 to 2008
(TPI, Inc. is the oldest and largest global client advisory firm in IT and Business Process outsourcing)
Participated in or led multiple Outsourcing engagements. White paper publications in Healthcare and
Pharma/Biotech, proprietary intellectual property creation and business development.
• Developed and negotiated the HR components of a $1B IT Outsourcing contract
• Reconfigured and executed a government ITO contract after two years of unsuccessful client efforts
• Established a sourcing management organization to cover $3B in multiple supplier ITO agreements
• Created a “100 Day” transition plan for a $1B TCV, multi-supplier ITO agreement
SENIOR ADVISOR – The Copperwood Group 2003 to 2004
(TCG is a Healthcare industry client advisory firm with a specialization in IT outsourcing)
Participated in or led IT Outsourcing transactions and advisory services for four different hospital systems.
• Led a full-cycle competitive IT outsourcing transaction for an Integrated Delivery Network
• IT Outsourcing transition and governance advisory services in three hospital systems
V.P. - OUTSOURCING/ REGIONAL V.P. – Superior Consultant Co., Inc. 1996 to 2002
(Superior was a publicly owned Healthcare technology and outsourcing firm acquired by ACS in 2004)
As V.P. - Outsourcing, responsibilities for IT Outsourcing LOB creation, sales and services delivery.
• Participated in the development of a full – scope national healthcare IT outsourcing service
• Contract negotiation, transition and service delivery participation in seven different health system IT
Outsourcing contractual relationships
As Regional V.P., responsible for business development, service delivery and client relationships for
professional services engagements in a 12 state region. Strategic planning in a multi –state healthcare system
composed of 32 hospitals and related professional and clinical services.
• Delivered top individual sales in 1997 – 1999
• Recruited and managed 9 direct reports
• Account management and/or billable services in over 65 engagements
V.P. - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – IMaCS, Inc. 1993 to 1996
(IMaCS is a privately owned software development and consulting firm in the Healthcare industry)
Established the specialized consulting, SaaS, and sales functions based upon a managed care application suite
developed under contract for Tenet Healthcare.
• Provided consultative support for health system clients in emergent managed care contract negotiations
• Sold and managed accounts for specialized application suites and SaaS contracts
CONSULTANT – PCA, Inc. 1992 to 1993
(PCA is a private, physician-owned practice management system, EDI and technical services firm)
Assisted the firm's principals in developing a business strategy, a private equity placement and an equity sales
Prior to 1992: Principal and Chief Financial Officer – Kenline Corp., Assistant Vice President – Newpark
Resources, Inc., Controller/Treasurer – Aviva Corp., Strategic Planning and Global Operations – Sonat
BBA, Engineering Management The University of Texas at Austin
MBA, Finance and Accounting The University of Houston
Post Graduate Accounting Coursework The University of Texas at Dallas
ITIL Foundation Certification
Top Secret Clearance