Marrick Priory Outdoor Education and Residential Centre
Development Officer - A NEW POSITION
Principal purpose : To promote Marrick Priory and its new activity facilities
to increase the numbers of visiting groups.
Working closely with the Head of Centre, Deputy Head of Centre and Administrator to:
Increase the number of residential weekday groups to achieve occupancy of
90% of available weeks .
Increase the number of residential week-end groups to achieve occupancy of
90% of available week-ends.
Increase average group sizes where possible to 36 for residential groups.
To increase the number of day bookings to 80 per year.
Assist the Priory staff with maintaining excellent relationships with existing groups to
maximise repeat bookings.
Key tasks and roles:
1. Increase the profile of Marrick Priory by:
a. Assisting with the development and updating of the web-site.
b. Assisting with keeping promotional material up to date and in use.
c. Developing relationships with local and regional press to give Marrick Priory
a high profile locally and in relevant professional publications.
2. Maintain contact and develop relationships with visiting staff/leaders by
obtaining feedback, keeping them up to date with developments, assisting with
organisation and booking arrangements to encouraging repeat bookings.
3. Re-engage with groups that have stopped visiting within the last five years.
4. Engage with visiting group leaders to obtain information on other groups with similar
5. Liaise with all local schools directly. Look for speaking opportunities for Head of Centre
to visit schools and cluster meetings.
6. Research schools and the key people to contact. On a rolling basis send out letters and
brochures on a ‘warm call’ basis and follow up with telephone contacts and/or visits by
the Head of Centre.
7. Research local and regional networks of youth and children’s organisations to develop
opportunities for week-end and holiday period bookings.
8. Encourage and assist visiting groups to increase their group sizes.
9. Ensure good record keeping of clients and potential clients to enable future marketing to
10. To undertake any other duties related to the promotion and marketing of Marrick Priory
as requested by the Board of Trustees and the Head of Centre.
11. To work within the Christian ethos of Marrick Priory and be committed to safeguarding
and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adult visitors.