Perspective Poodle Parent Questionnaire
1. Have you ever owned a standard poodle? If so, please tell
me a bit about your past pet.
2. Standard poodles take considerable time and money for
grooming as they need to be groomed and/or clipped about
every 6-8 weeks. Do you already have a professional
groomer? If so, please list his/her name and phone number.
This will be used as your personal reference. If not, have you
thought ahead about getting a groomer and to this very
important and expensive aspect of owning a poodle?
3. If you do not have a groomer please list a personal
4. Will someone be home with the puppy during the day? If
not, please tell me approximately how long the puppy will
be alone and where the puppy will stay while you are away.
5. Standard poodles are a fairly high energy breed and
therefore need lots of exercise. Do you have a fenced yard? If
not, what are your plans for giving your standard plenty of
6. Do you have other pets? If so, please describe.
7. If you have children please list ages and their experience
8. Please describe a typical day in your household.
9. Do you own or rent your home?
10. All my pet puppies are sold on an AKC limited
registration and spay/neuter contract, meaning that you will
be required to spay or neuter the puppy within the first year.
Spaying and neutering are very important for a number of
reasons. If you have any questions concerning this
requirement please feel free to ask me.
11. If you want to purchase one of my puppies for show,
please describe your experience in the conformation ring (if
any) and describe why you are interested in a Vic-Tori
puppy for showing. I rarely sell anyone a show puppy and
will sell to only a select few. Show puppies will be sold with
a co-ownership contract, meaning my name will be on the
AKC papers with yours until the puppy has completed
his/her championship and passed all genetic testing. When
these things are complete, I will then sign off.
12. Finally, if you have any questions about anything I have
not covered in this questionnaire or on my website, please
feel free to e-mail me as I would be more than happy to