Needham MA 02492
Proven IT executive seeking to leverage my experience with large scale infrastructure and development
projects, combined with my detailed information security knowledge, to enhance the information security
of an organization. Known for detailed understanding of both technology and business environment.
History of creating high-performance teams while increasing capabilities and reducing costs. Areas of
Design, implementation and support of robust information security defense in depth
Infrastructure migrations including mainfame, UNIX, Linux, Microsoft and private cloud
Leadership of large Java, .NET, COBOL and mobile development teams
Partnership with business customers to achieve strategic benefits
Support of audits relating to Sarbanes Oxley (SAS70 and SSAE16), Federal Reserve,
Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) and HIPAA.
ING US Financial Services 2008 - 2012
CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER AND HEAD OF RETIREMENT IT APPLICATIONS
Integrated two different, geographically disbursed groups into a cohesive team of 700 individuals of both
employees and onshore/offshore consultants (where optimal). Accomplished all strategic goals
including both strategic capabilities and increased productivity/quality (25%).
- Led drive to private cloud environment, including simplification and standardization of
architectural layers. Enhanced productivity and quality of development (including native mobile
applications on iPhone, Android and Kindle Fire) across all lines of business.
- Provided oversight to creation of a defense in depth information security infrastructure.
- Created integrated 700+ team which handled requirements, design, development, quality
assurance, project management and production support.
- Successfully completed $100+ M project to enable ‘best of both’ integration between legacy ING
and CitiStreet applications. Project was on-time, on-budget and exceeded projected financial
benefits. Created benefits in excess of $130 million.
CITISTREET (a joint venture between Citigroup/State Street) 2000 - 2008
CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER
Upon separation from parent companies, created IT organization that became competitive such that ING
valued IT intellectual property, infrastructure and teams at $300 million within acquisition of CitiStreet.
- Enabled a secure infrastructure which never had an information security breach caused by
technology – even though our infrastructure was attacked from all over the world because of who
our two parent companies were.
- Improved competitive advantage of applications to enable CitiStreet to become known as a
premier retirement plan provider for organizations that required extensive capabilities in a high
volume environment. Major clients included Boeing, Honeywell, ExxonMobil, Lockheed Martin,
Sears and in excess of 20 of the state governments.
- Transitioned quickly from parent company IT infrastructure to a cost-effective/fully redundant
CitiStreet one saving $10 million dollars annually (and ultimately that infrastructure was
considered a valuable asset by ING).
SunGard Shareholder Systems 1994 - 2000
PRODUCT HEAD/SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT
Transformed an organization which had been constantly losing market share to, instead, begin winning
key clients. Headed the shareholder system product line (now known as Asset Arena Transfer Agency -
http://www.sungard.com/financialsystems/products/aatransferagency.aspx) including not only
development, but also product strategy, customer service and sales.
- Grew the PowerImage workflow imaging product acquired via Desktop Advantage to become a
part of the SunGard suite http://www.sungard.com/financialsystems/brands/infinity.aspx.
- Evolved the existing mutual fund shareholder accounting product to enable intelligent front-end
workstations that increased the marketability of the product while benefiting customers.
- Marketed and converted FranklinTempleton Investments from two different existing systems to
the evolved Investar*ONE shareholder accounting product.
- Grew and developed 300 staff members located in Newton MA, Kansas City MO, Denver CO and
San Mateo CA whereas all prior development had only been done in San Mateo, CA. Benefits
included both reduced cost/employee and increased access to talent pools.
Desktop Advantage 1991 - 1994
FOUNDER AND PRESIDENT
Founded Desktop Advantage to perform consulting and custom client server software development.
Developed and marketed the PowerImage workflow imaging product.
- Acquired numerous key clients including Goldman Sachs, Benham Capital Management (now
part of American Century), Trimark Investments (now part of INVESCO) and also Kentucky Fried
Chicken (Accounts Payable).
- Sold the company to SunGard so they could have the benefit both from the PowerImage product
and also the team’s technical/industry knowledge and experience.
Boston Financial Data Services 1983-1991
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT
Successfully handled each challenge in a variety of senior management roles including not only IT, but
also client relationship management, back-office processing and call center management.
- Leveraged the skills of our technical team to assist our parent company DST Systems. One of
the projects was the design/development of the DST AWD business process management
product in 1989. AWD is still a key product for DST -
http://www.dstsystems.com/dstsol/awd/awd_home.html and is in production at numerous large
enterprises all over the world.
- Managed and improved client relationships including PaineWebber (now UBS), Scudder (now
part of Deutsche Bank), Lazard Frere and Fidelity Investments. Set up initial back-office
capabilities for what are now the Fidelity Advisors fund family.
Bachelor of Science in Economics. The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
Organizational Management Major.
CISSP exam (now just awaiting formal certification process)
IBM Cloud Advisory Board Member. Six Sigma Black Belt. Computerworld Top 100 CIO Award.