REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Survey Services – Northern High School
2950 Chaneyville Road
Owings, Calvert County, MD 20736
RFP is to provide Calvert County Public Schools (CCPS) with a boundary and topographic survey of the 113 acre
(more or less) parcel at the Northern High School and Northern Middle School Campus. The following services are
to be included in this proposal:
General Services to be included in the items below:
1. All administrative, technician, clerical, sub contract, travel and material costs necessary to provide the
services outlined in this RFP.
2. Provide a worksheet or work sheets on a minimum 1”=40’ scale for use as a base sheet for future design
3. Provide CCPS with one printable and one electronic set of documents (BIM Format).
4. The work must be completed and a final submission submitted to CCPS no later than April 1, 2013.
Boundary Survey Services:
1. Provide a reaffirmation of the boundary survey and plat previously prepared by J.R. McCrone, Inc., of the
entire parcel, 112.9 acres more or less. Update the plat to incorporate any and all items listed in item 4
2. Provide a legal description of the parcel.
3. Set or reestablish eighteen (18) existing property corners.
4. Provide two (2) Global Positioning Systems (GPS) markers which tie into established Calvert County
horizontal and vertical datum systems.
5. Said plat shall be developed from, but not limited to, Calvert County land records, deeds, plats, state and
county rights of way records, right of way adjustments for future road improvements, utility easements,
building or zoning improvement setbacks, etc. Calvert County Public Schools will make available any
records which are available in our files.
Topographic Survey Services
1. Provide a topographic survey of existing topography, drainage swales, drainage systems, forest stand
delineation, buildings, parking areas, site amenities, water and sewer systems, public utilities, etc.
Contact Miss Utility and CCPS for utility location services.
2. Provide edge of pavement, curb and centerline grades and markings at 50’ intervals along Chaneyville
and Flint Hill Roads. Provide utility locations within the respective rights of ways.
3. Provide wetland delineation whether provided in house or by others.
4. Establish two (2) benchmarks for future construction phases.
Wetland Delineation Services (Alternate 1)
1. Field wetland delineation.
2. Field location of wetland flagging.
Note: The Wetland Delineation Services shall be an alternate service accepted at the owner’s discretion.
Standard Hourly Rates
Provide hourly rates for the following disciplines: