Math Makes Sense 7
Textbook Scavenger Hunt
Prepared by Shawna Stangel
1. What is the full title of this textbook?
2. What is the name of the publishing company that has written and distributed
3. How many different units of study are there in this textbook?
4. What section of the book will help you to quickly find what is in each unit?
What page(s) is this section located? What do you notice about how this
section is put together?
5. What are the three main points listed at the beginning of each unit that are
there to help you, the student, understand what the unit is about and how it
will help you prepare for success?
6. Each lesson is set up in the same organized format with 8 key components
present. What are these 8 components found in each lesson?
7. What is it about each lesson that helps you to understand where each part of
the lesson begins and/or ends? List as many things as you can.
8. If you did not know the definition of the term “outcome”, where would you
look for it? What page is its definition located on? Write out the definition
of this term.
9. List the names of 3 of the authors of this textbook. Where did you find this
10. What 2 sections at the end of each chapter will help you to remember what
you’ve learned and to help prepare you for the unit test or unit problem that
you will be assessed on?
11. What makes the review on pages 126-127 different than the reviews found at
the end of each unit.
12. There are certain sections in this textbook that are designed to help you
learn math in a different way, so that it will make more sense to you. Using
the table of contents find an example of each of the below listed sections. In
your own words explain what each of these sections is and also why you think
it is important to help you succeed in learning math.
D) The World of Work
E) Reading and Writing In Math