Workbook Page 63 FRONT
1. Native American sided with the British because
they knew that if the Patriots won the war,
Native American land would be lost.
2. George Rogers Clark
3. The victory at Vincennes.
4. To prevent the Continental Army from getting
supplies, Britain set up a blockade of the
5. Privateers are privately owned merchant ships
equipped with weapons.
6. Privateers helped the American cause by
capturing British vessels.
7. John Paul Jones
8. John Paul Jones said, “I have not yet begun to
9. To end the war, Britain planned a hard-hitting
offensive attack on the colonies.
10. The worst American defeat took place at
11. General Charles Cornwallis
12. Hit and run guerrilla tactics were successful
against the British because it caught the British
off guard and could not react in time.
13. Francis Marion was nicknames “Swamp Fox”.
14. Cornwallis retreated to Virginia in April 1781.
15. Cornwallis set up camp at Yorktown.
• Workbook page 57 BACK