JUVENILE JURISDICTION PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION
1/25/07 - 1:30 p.m.
1. Raise the age of juvenile jurisdiction, effective July 1, 2009.
2. Improve pre-trial detention practices.
Introduce a statewide detention risk assessment instrument.
Establish/expand pre-trial supervision programs.
Review and revise statutes governing detainable offenses.
3. Establish Regional Youth Courts.
4. Phase in services and staffing through the CSSD plan.
5. Establish the Policy and Operations Coordinating Council.
To advance the central operational components identified in the JJPIC’s
To resolve key tasks and unanswered questions.
6. Establish the Implementation Oversight Body.
To provide accountability and monitoring during the implementation
process and ensure that legislatively mandated tasks are completed.