Lakefront, Shelter 1
Saturday, October 13, 2012
Volunteer Check-In: 7:00a.m
Anticipated End Time: Noon.
(Community Service Certificates will be given at the end of the event.)
1. Greeters-welcome guests as they approach registration and direct them accordingly
while keeping traffic organized and moving.
2. Set-Up-hang signage and balloons before the walk begins.
3. Pre-Registration-For participants who have already registered… turn in donations and
pick up t-shirts if they qualify and this wasn’t done on Bank Day. Gives qualified
participants token for t-shirt
4. Registration-Fill out registration forms and encourage participants to make a donation.
Needs to donate $100 to get a t-shirt.
5. T-Shirts-Give out t-shirts to anyone who donates a $100 or more and did not pick them
up on Bank Day.
6. Promise Garden-Provides flowers to participants to be displayed at the opening
7. Thank You Brigade- cheers on walkers at the beginning and end of the walk and thanks
them for their support.
8. Advocacy-Distributes advocacy postcards to participants to fill-out. If traffic backs
up….they can circulate once the group has assembled.
9. Photographer-Takes photos of activity, candid shots and walk atmosphere shots for PR
10. Food and Drinks- Fills cups with drinks and hand out water. Serves Jambalaya and any
other food we have at the event.
11. Water Stations-provide water to walkers at the various stations on the walk route.
12. Vendor Registration-provide information to the vendors about their booths.
13. Children’s Activities-To provide kids activities such as face painting.
14. Trash Monitors-To change trash bags at the various food and drink stations.
15. Break down event and clean up….everyone willing to help out:
Pick up the walk signs
Take down the banners and various signage
Break down and stack tables and chairs.
Box up the materials in the appropriate boxes and help pack the SUV’s
Help clean up any trash that may accumulate in the area