Name _____________________ #_______
OFFICER BUCKLE AND GLORIA - KEY
1. What city does officer Buckle work for?
2. What does Officer Buckle talk about when he
gives his speeches?
A Safety awareness
B Drug awareness
C How to train your dog.
3. What does the word “plenty” mean in this
sentence? “He said the rest of the tips with
plenty of expression.”
A A funny face
B A lot of
C An angry face
4. Why was the audience laughing and enjoying
Officer Buckle’s speech?
A He was telling jokes.
B He was wearing funny shoes.
C His dog was doing tricks.
5. After every speech, what did Office Buckle
get his dog?
A Hot dogs
B Ice cream
C A dog bone
Last printed 11/6/2012 6:22 AM
6. How did Officer Buckle get his dog?
A He found her.
B He got her at the animal shelter.
C The police department bought her.
7. What is one way you would NOT describe
8. Which question is best asked on page 38 for
clarifying what will happen in the rest of
18 Will being on television make Officer Buckle happy?
B Why does Gloria jump up?
C Where did Gloria come from?
9. Page 46 tells mainly about…
A Why you should eat pudding carefully.
B Napville School’s biggest accident ever.
C The safe way to hold onto a hammer.
10 Why did Claire write, “Don’t worry I was
wearing my helmet”?
A She had an accident on her bike.
B The helmet stopped a hammer from hitting her head.
C She fell off a swivel chair onto her head.