UNCONFIRMED MINUTES by 6fZpX3Vk

VIEWS: 4 PAGES: 22

									                                                                                  CONFIRMED MINUTES
                                                                                   COMP/NMMT/NMMM
                                                                                      FEBRUARY 2012

                                     CONFIRMED MINUTES
                                     FEBRUARY 20-24, 2012
                             SHERATON SAN DIEGO HOTEL AND MARINA
                                  SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA, USA

These minutes are not final until confirmed by the Task Group in writing or by vote at a subsequent
meeting. Information herein does not constitute a communication or recommendation from the
Task Group and shall not be considered as such by any agency.

MONDAY, 20-FEB-12 TO THURSDAY, 23-FEB-12

CLOSED COMPOSITES (COMP)/NON METALLIC MATERIALS TESTING (NMMT)/NON METALLIC
MATERIALS MANUFACTUIRNG (NMMM) MEETING

0.1      CALL TO ORDER / QUORUM CHECK - CLOSED

         The Composites (COMP)/NON METALLIC MATERIALS TESTING (NMMT)/NON METALLIC
         MATERIALS MANUFACTUIRNG (NMMM) Task Groups were called to order at 8:00 AM, 20-Feb-
         12 with 15 prime voting members present. It was verified that only SUBSCRIBER MEMBERS were
         in attendance during the closed portion of the meeting.

         A quorum was established with the following representatives in attendance:

          Subscriber Members/Participants Present (* Indicates Voting Member)
      NAME                                 COMPANY NAME
 *    Pete              Atwell             Airbus
 *    Muriel            Auzanne            Airbus
 *    Mike              Bemis              Goodrich
 *    Laura             Benedetti          SAFRAN Group
      Pam               Blevins            GDATP
 *    Pietro            Bonarrigo          Bombardier, Inc
      Robin             Borrelli           The Boeing Company
 *    Tara              Campbell           Rolls-Royce Group
 *    Elmer             Cardwell           General Dynamics
 *    Ray               Cleghorn           The Boeing Company
      Linda             Colli              Rolls Royce Corp
 *    Jeff              Conrad             Cessna Aircraft Company
      Georges           Coste              SARFRAN GROUP
      Kent              DeFranco           Lockheed Martin
 *    Joe               DeVirgilio         The Boeing Company
      Michael           Dickerson          GDATP
      Timothy           Ditch              The Boeing Company
      George            Doviak             Goodrich
 *    Kevin             Dowling            Spirit AeroSystems Inc.                    Chair
      Lecindro          E. Percira         EMBRAER S.A.
      Kevin             Elston             Spirit Aerosystems
 *    Achim             Enzmann            Eurocopter
 *    Sara              Gunnarsson         Volvo Aero
 *    Richard           Hammond            The Boeing Company
 *    Brett             Hemingway          BAE Systems
 *    Mark              Jackson            Triumph Aerostructures – Vought
                                           Aircraft Division
 *    John              Key                Bell Helicopter                            Vice Chair
 *    Betty             Kocsis             Honeywell Aerospace
      Manuel            Koucouthakis       Honeywell Aerospace
 *    Eric              LeFort             Sonaca
 *    Frank             Lennert            The Boeing Company
                                                     1
                                                                         CONFIRMED MINUTES
                                                                          COMP/NMMT/NMMM
                                                                             FEBRUARY 2012

*   Lance             Loeks             The Boeing Company
    Jeff              Lott              The Boeing Company
*   Leah              Markowitz         Honeywell Aerospace
*   Andreas           Mastorakis        GE Aviation
*   Angelina          Mendoza           Goodrich                               AC7118 Secretary
    Diana             Mendoza           Honeywell Aerospace
    Tim               Myers             Honeywell
    Vang              Nguyen            Goodrich
    Olivier           Nolinas           Eurocopter
    Larry             Olsen             Northrop Grumman Corp
*   Keith             Panuska           Lockheed Martin Corporation            AC7122 and
                                                                               AC7124 Secretary
    Jeremy            Phillips          Cessna Aircraft
    Perin             Price             Goodrich
    Amanda            Rickman           Raytheon
*   Leroy             Samuels           Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp
    Christian         Schwamiyer        MTU Aero Engines
    Kenneth           Sposato           Triumph Aerostructures – Vought
                                        Aircraft Division
*   Anne              Stanley           Bombardier, Inc
    Mike              Steele            The Boeing Company
    Armen             Talverdian        The Boeing Company
    Neil              Tinsley           P & WC
    Michael           Walker            Spirit AeroSystems Inc.
    Ella              Watson            Goodrich
    Andrea            West              Goodrich
    Verl              Wisehart          Rolls Royce Corp
    Ling              Yap               The Boeing Company
    Samadi            Yoeuth            Goodrich

      Other Members/Participants Present (* Indicates Voting Member)
    NAME                               COMPANY NAME
    Richard           Alkire            Hexcel
    Mayana            Amis              GME Aerospace - Brasil
    John              Boyd              Burnham Composite Structures, Inc
*   Paul              Braun             Cincinnati Testing Laboratories
*   Kevin             Brennan           Swift Engineering, Inc.
    Tom               Brooks            Applied Composites Engineering
*   Jim               Brown             Hexcel
*   Pierangelo        Campagna          EXOVA
    Andrew            Cantrell          Fargensen Forge
    Julien            Corato            EXOVA
    Roger             Coryer            ATK Composite Structures
    William           DeLaurier         IMR Test Labs
    Suzanna           DeMoss            3M
    Eric              Dirats            Dirats Laboratories
    Patrick           Durkin            TE Wire & Cable                        Liaison
    Tim               Edmunds           Metcut Research
    Ryan              Finley            Hexcel
*   Ben               Flores            AASC
    Jorge             Garcia            C&D Zodiac Mexico
    Alan              Hambley           Durkee Testing Laboratories, Inc
    Jim               Harlukowicz       Element Materials Tech
*   Rick              Heise             Swift Engineering, Inc.
    John              Hill              PTI Industries
    Peter             Holden            Precision Polymer Engineering LTD UK
    Hubert            Kern              FACC AG
                                              2
                                                                         CONFIRMED MINUTES
                                                                          COMP/NMMT/NMMM
                                                                             FEBRUARY 2012

*   Dennis               Kidd            Cincinnati Testing Laboratories
    Jeff                 Kingsley        USAF
    Greg                 Lebosky         Element Materials Tech.
    Jianghong            Liang           Web Industries
    David                Luoni           Element Materials Technology
    Debra                Maier           ATK Composite Structures
    Paul                 Maldonado       C&D Zodiac Mexico
    Robert               Manring         GKN Aerospace
    Jessica              Mattison        Parco, Inc
    Josh                 Mazin           Flamemaster Corp
    Dan                  McMillen        Parco, Inc
    Leticia              Mimoz           Presto Casting Co
    Omar                 Miranda         Aernnova Aerospace Mexico
*   John                 Moylan          Delsen Testing Laboratories
    Alieia               Olvera          Aerodesign S.A
    Jacob                Padrul          Constellium
    Jose                 Perez           Element Materials Tech.
*   Richard              Perrett         Advanced Composite Group
*   Rick                 Price           Park Electochemical
    Steve                Reilly          Sherry Labs
    Serjio               Ribeiro         GME Aerospace - Brasil
    Ryumuudo             Rodriguez       C&D Zodica Mexico
*   James                Rossi           Westmoreland Mechanical Testing &
                                         Research, Inc.
    Fernando             Ruiz            C&D Zodiac Mexico
*   Don                  Russell         Toray Composites
    Vicki                Salzarulo       Kaman Aerospace
*   Steve                Schrameyer      Cytec Engineered Materials
*   David                Scott           Hitco Carbon Composites
    Rostislav            Sirotkin        National Institute of Aviation
                                         Technologies
    Jeffrey              Smith           Element Cleveland
*   Kevin                Snyder          Composites Horizons Inc
*   Vitorio              Stana           Avcorp
    Bill                 Steen           Presto Casting Co
    Gary                 Thompson        Darchem Engineering LTD UK
    Erick                Thornquist      Leading Technology Composites
    Rao                  Tipirneni       Long Island Testing Labs
*   Arno                 Toelkes         Euro-Composites
    Shane                Tucker          Leading Technology Composites
    Nancy                Vancil          Toray
    John                 Vancura         Expanded Rubber and Plastics
    Jacob                Wallace         Element
    Dan                  Walsh           Triumph Composite Systems
    Alisa                Ware            Applied Composited Engineering
    James                Ware            Applied Composites Engineering
    Thomas               Watson          J.D. Lincoln, Inc
    Frank                Worpenberg      MAR-Test

       PRI Staff Present
    Rebekah Braun        Keith Purnell
    Rob Hoeth            Kevin Wetzel
    Sarah Jordan
    Joe Pinto




                                              3
                                                                                   CONFIRMED MINUTES
                                                                                    COMP/NMMT/NMMM
                                                                                       FEBRUARY 2012

0.2     OPENNING COMMENTS - CLOSED

        The Code of Ethics and Conflict of Interest Policy was presented for all Nadcap attendees. This
        information is also available in the Nadcap Attendees Guide. Open Meetings versus Closed
        Meeting Guidelines were presented.

        The Staff Engineer (Rebekah Braun) presented the agenda for the CLOSED Task Group meeting.

0.3     SE DELEGATION - CLOSED

        PRI reviewed the delegation data for AC7118 with the Task Group. The Task Group concurred
        with the recommendations. Delegation is maintained for Rebekah Braun - Senior Staff Engineer.

        PRI reviewed the delegation data for AC7122 with the Task Group. The Task Group concurred
        with the recommendations. Delegation is maintained for Rebekah Braun - Senior Staff Engineer.

0.2.1   Staff Engineer - Auditor Qualification Audits

           Currently two Training audits scheduled:
            o T1 - 145257 - Brian Johnson - 2-5 April 2012
            o T2 - 142433 - Dave Kennedy - 13-15 August 2012

        Rebekah Braun is scheduled to attend an AS9100 Lead Auditor Course - RABQSA Certified
        scheduled for 14-18 May 2012. Task Group agreed to waive the T1 requirements for Rebekah
        Braun to become an approved Composite (AC7118) Auditor. T2 will be completed as planned.

0.3     CONSULTANT REVIEWER/AUDITOR TRAINING - CLOSED

0.3.1   Review the current status of Composite Consultant Reviewer’s training

        A new Consultant Reviewer began training in December 2011. In addition to on-site training at PRI
        Headquarters, the Staff Engineer and Consultant Reviewer are performing joint reviews of AC7118
        audits. To date, 5 audits have been reviewed or are currently going through the joint review
        process. Task Group has the ability to review the audit packages that are currently assigned to the
        Consultant Reviewer. These audits are assigned to the Consultant Reviewer but they are included
        in the joint audit review process. Once approved to review audits on their own, the Consultant
        Reviewer will not be allowed to review their own audits, only those performed by other auditors.

0.3.2   New Trainee Auditor

        A new Auditor Candidate has been approved by the Task Group to move forward through training
        audits (T1 and T2). In addition to the T1 and T2 training requirements, the Trainee Auditor must
        also receive training on Compression Molding (CMP), Liquid Resin Processing (LRP) and
        Automated Processing (Section 16e, f and g) prior to allowing the candidate to audit these scopes
        on their own.

        Compression Molding training will be provided via the presentation that was provide to the
        Composite Auditor base during the October 2011 Auditor Conference. It was agreed that the Task
        Group Chair and Staff Engineer will work together to schedule similar training that was provided for
        the Composite Auditor base in 2011 for Automated Processing. This is estimated to be completed
        by the end of April 2012 and it is expected that the new Trainee Auditor will be upgraded to an
        Auditor by the end of April 2012.

        Until Liquid Resin Processing training can be organized, the Trainee Auditor will not be approved to
        audit to this scope of accreditation.



                                                        4
                                                                                 CONFIRMED MINUTES
                                                                                  COMP/NMMT/NMMM
                                                                                     FEBRUARY 2012

0.3.3   Auditor Capacity

        There is a need for a Composite Auditor in the Asia Sector. The Task Group was directed to
        contact the Composite Staff Engineer in the event a potential candidate is identified.

0.4     OBSERVATION AUDIT TEAM - STATUS UPDATE - CLOSED

        An update on the progress of Observation Audits was provided including the number of audits
        observed, what Subscribing Members have completed an observation, what Auditors have been
        observed and do we need to assign an observation for an Auditor that may not have been
        observed as of yet. This data was reviewed in addition to a detailed review of the Observation
        Audit Feedback Forms that have been submitted since the October 2011 meeting.


         Observation Audit
        Sub-Team Update.pdf
ACTION ITEM – Observation Audit Sub-Team to review the progress to date and determine how to move
forward. Did we review an adequate number of audits from the "top 40"? Do we use the same statistical
analysis to identify audits to observe in 2012-2013? John Key (Lead), Mike Bemis, Lance Loeks, Betty
Kocsis, Monica Alcala, Brett Hemingway (Due Date: 15-Jun-12)

        Task Group agreed that a Composite Specific appendix is something we would like to implement in
        the Observation Audit process. Comments on the Observation Audit Feedback Form are getting
        better and it was agreed to use the example of type of feedback that is desired.

        It was agreed that the Observer Qualifications concept adopted by the Chemical Processing Task
        Group could be value added for some commodities but would not be necessary for the COMP,
        NMMT or NMMM Task Groups due to the high level of oversight of Nadcap audits that is
        consistently maintained by the Task Group.

ACTION ITEM – PRI to bring auditor performance data to each Nadcap meeting to review during the
Closed meeting. Use this data to identify areas for improvements for Auditors. (Due Date: 25-Jun-12)

ACTION ITEM – PRI to pull the list of COMP, NMMT and NMMM audits that are scheduled to take place
between 1 July 2012 through 30 June 2013 and send to John Key. (Due Date: 14-Mar-12)

ACTION ITEM – John Key to call a meeting of the Observation Audit Sub-Team to discuss the points made
in February Action Item #2. (Due Date: 31-Mar-12)

ACTION ITEM – PRI to report out an update of the Observation Audit activity. How many COMP, NMMT
and NMMM audits were observed, who observed, etc. (Due Date: 15-Jun-12)

0.4.1   Audit Observation Form Feedback Review

        Audit Observer Feedback Forms were reviewed by the Task Group. As a result, feedback will be
        sent to the COMP Auditor base in an Auditor Advisory.

ACTION ITEM – PRI to list the previous Observation audit number for all Auditors on the
COMP/NMMT/NMMM Observation Audit Tracking Log. Share the feedback from the previous Observation
audit with the current observer. (Due Date: 30-Mar-12)

ACTION ITEM – Lance Loeks to determine if JJG 475-2008 is equivalent to ISO 7500-1 and ASTM E4.
(Due Date: 30-Apr-12)




                                                    5
                                                                                     CONFIRMED MINUTES
                                                                                      COMP/NMMT/NMMM
                                                                                         FEBRUARY 2012

ACTION ITEM – PRI to add to October Auditor Training - Training on the verification of customer specific
approvals. Customer Approved Equipment, testing, facilities, etc. (Lead on Topic Development - Kevin
Dowling) All Subscribing members will be requested to provide feedback on their specifics. (Due Date: 22-
Aug-12)

0.5     AUDITS FOR TASK GROUP DISCUSSION - CLOSED

        The Task Group reviewed a number of AC7118 and AC7122 audits that required Task Group
        Discussion.

        The following topics were discussed as the result of Audit Package Review:

           Core Storage
            o What type of protection from contaminants is expected to be compliant with AC7118 Rev C
               paragraphs 5.1.14, 15a-b.1.8 and Table 1?
                    An Action Item was assigned for a sub-team to review these questions and provide
                       recommendation for revision to questions and/or handbook clarification.
           Scope of Accreditation - No Work In Process (WIP)
            o How should the Task Group address the issue when a Supplier requests a scope of
               accreditation but cannot provide WIP to support the scope of accreditation (i.e. only
               Historical data or Demonstration Parts are able to be provided)?
                    As defined in the AC7118 Rev C, paragraph 2.2.2.1, merit may be impacted when
                       Demonstration Parts are used to meet the requirement to have a minimum of 50%
                       of the Job Audits completed with WIP. A similar approach will be taken when a
                       significant amount of historical data is used to complete Job Audits. This will
                       continue to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

ACTION ITEM – Team to review questions 5.1.14, 15a.1.8 and Table 1 and provide a proposal to better
clarify the expectation. Also consider the handbook clarification that exists. Bring a proposal,
recommendation back in the June 2012 Nadcap Meeting. John Key (Lead), Lance Loeks. (Due Date: 25-
Jun-12)

ACTION ITEM – PRI to request for enhance to eAuditNet. Allow for a drop down box for each job audit to
identify if the work was In Process, Demonstration or Historical. This could be applied cross commodity
and allow for reporting data. (Due Date: 2-Mar-12)

0.6     OPEN DISCUSSION - CLOSED

0.6.1   Processing Capabilities

        How can we ensure Suppliers are correctly identifying the scope of their audit?

        Primes should verify their unique suppliers for compliance. The Processing Capabilities are
        identified in the s-frm-15. The Supplier is required to complete the s-frm-15 to identify the scope of
        their audit. Definitions already exist in the Audit Handbook for AC7118.

0.6.2   Prime Issued Supplier Advisory 2068

        The Task Group reviewed the details provided in the Supplier Advisory and voted to take one of the
        following actions:
        1) No action. Let the certification stay until next audit in October.
        2) Withdraw accreditation. Supplier can come back into the system within 90 days of withdrawal.
        3) Suspend certification for a set period of time (90 days) and define actions that need to be taken
        to have the certification re-instated.

        A vote was taken and it was agreed to go with item #3. The standing Composite accreditation for
        the associated Supplier will be suspended pending completion of RCCA for the issues identified in
                                                      6
                                                                                   CONFIRMED MINUTES
                                                                                    COMP/NMMT/NMMM
                                                                                       FEBRUARY 2012

        the Supplier Advisory. Suspension period will be for 90 days. If adequate RCCA is not provided
        within 90 days and the issues cannot be considered as Closed, the certificate will be withdrawn.

0.6.3   Auditor Training Topic

        When an engineering processing parameter is violated, does the Task Group want to have the
        Auditors document in the NCR if this is only a Manufacturing issue, or did this processing step also
        require Quality Control? If quality control was involved, was the non-conformance detected?

ACTION ITEM – PRI to modify s-frm-15 to include the statement, "See the AH7118 Auditor Handbook for
definitions." (Due Date: 2 March 2012)

ACTION ITEM – PRI to circulate feedback to COMP Auditors from the Observation Audit Feedback
Review. (Due Date: 2-Mar-12)

0.7     MEEING CLOSE-OUT - CLOSED

        Tentative agenda topics for the June 2011 meeting:

        One Day for Closed Meeting
        SE Delegation
        Consultant Reviewer Status
        Observation Audit Sub-Team Report
        Auditor Training Topic Development
        Auditor Performance Data Review
        Audits for Task Group Discussion

ADJOURNMENT – (20-February-2012) – The Composite Task Group CLOSED portion of the meeting
was adjourned at 5:00 p.m.




                                                     7
                                                                                CONFIRMED MINUTES
                                                                                 COMP/NMMT/NMMM
                                                                                    FEBRUARY 2012

1.0   OPENING COMMENTS FOR COMP - OPEN

1.1   Call to Order / Quorum Check

      This was an open meeting attended by Subscribers and Supplier Members

      A quorum of 17 Subscribing Voting Members was established with the representatives in
      attendance listed above.

1.2   The Code of Ethics and Conflict of Interest Policy was presented for all Nadcap attendees. This
      information is also available in the Nadcap Attendees Guide.


      1.1 Nadcap Code of
      Ethics - Conflict of Interest.pdf
1.3   Open Meetings versus Closed Meeting Guidelines were presented.


      1.2 Open VS Closed
         Meetings.pdf
1.4   Approval of Previous Meeting Minutes

      Motion was put forth to accept minutes from the October 2011 meeting. The minutes from October
      2011 were approved as written.

1.5   Approval of New Voting Members

      The following members have been approved by the Composites/Non Metallic Materials
      Testing/Non Metallic Materials Manufacturing Task Group to be added as Voting
      Members/Alternate Voting Members.

      Ray Cleghorn - The Boeing Company - Alternate Subscriber Voting Member - AC7118, AC7122,
      AC7124
      Joseph DeVirgilio - The Boeing Company - Alternate Subscriber Voting Member - AC7118,
      AC7122, AC7124

1.6   Review of Meeting Agenda

      The Staff Engineer (Rebekah Braun) presented the agenda for the Composites Task Group for this
      week.

2.0   STAFF REPORT – OPEN


       2.0 AC7118 Staff
      Report February 2012.pdf
      Items of interest since the October 2011 Nadcap meeting were reviewed in addition to 2012 audit
      projections, current Auditor status and top nonconformances written against the AC7118 Rev B.
      Observation Audit Team is progressing and we are surpassing our goals. The first audit with
      Compression Molding has been conducted and accredited. A new Auditor has been contracted for
      AC7118, Jeff Reese.

      The above embedded presentation is also posted on eAuditNet under Resources - Documents -
      Public Documents – Composites – Meeting Presentations.



                                                  8
                                                                                    CONFIRMED MINUTES
                                                                                     COMP/NMMT/NMMM
                                                                                        FEBRUARY 2012

        Future Meeting Information:

        Berlin, Germany – June 2012
        Pittsburgh, PA – October 2012
        Dallas, TX – January 2013

ACTION ITEM – PRI to compare Top 20 job audits, current and past years to identify changes/trends. (Due
Date: 25-Jun-12)

ACTION ITEM – PRI to show the More or Less Data per Auditor (identify them with A, B, C, etc.) and
provide details such as more by 1, 2, 3 or less by 1, 2, 3. See the charts that are being used by NDT. (Due
Date: 15-Jun-12)

 3.0    METRICS – OPEN


            3.0 COMP
            Metrics.pdf
        The Composites Task Group Metrics for Suppliers, Staff Engineer and Task Group Initial and
        Reaccreditation Cycle Time, Supplier Merit and Subscribing Member Balloting were all reviewed.

        Total Supplier Cycle Time – Initial Audit (Goal 25 with Average 20)
        Total Supplier Cycle Time – Reaccreditation Audits (Goal 25 with Average 15)
        Total Staff Engineer Cycle Time – Initial Audits (Goal 14 with Average 13)
        Total Staff Engineer Cycle Time – Reaccreditation (Goal 14 with Average 5)
        Total Task Group Cycle Time – Initial Audits (Goal 8 with Average 8)
        Total Task Group Cycle Time – Reaccreditation Audits (Goal 8 with Average 11)
        Supplier Merit – Goal is to have 80% of Eligible Suppliers on Merit, Actual is 72%.

        Composite Task Group still has 97% participation of oversight on the audits.

 4.0    SUPPLIER SUPPORT COMMITTEE (SSC) REPORT – OPEN


         4.0 COMP SSC TG
        Report Feb2012.pdf
        The SSC update was presented by Kevin Dowling including the mission and purpose of this
        committee.

        The SSC is reinvigorating the Mentor Program for new Suppliers and has opened a booth in the
        registration area to answer questions and to help suppliers get into the proper task group.
        SSC Activities include: Metrics, Supplier Survey, Communication, Education, Nadcap Meetings
        and new initiatives for contract flow down and SSC Sponsored presentations (Export Control and
        eQualified)

        The Composite Task Group is looking for a new SSC representative due to the loss of our current
        representative.

        Vitorio Stana from Avcorp is a mentor for the Composite Task Group.




                                                     9
                                                                                  CONFIRMED MINUTES
                                                                                   COMP/NMMT/NMMM
                                                                                      FEBRUARY 2012

5.0    PROCEDURE REVIEW – OPEN


           5.0 Procedure
            Review.pdf
       NOP-006 – Supplier Advisories, NOP-008 – Supplier Merit Program, NOP-011 – Audit Failure
       Process and new procedure NOP-009 – Suspension and Withdrawal of Accreditation, NTGOP001
       and Appendix XIV procedures were reviewed and specific items were highlighted. Please see the
       attached presentation for details.

       All procedures can be found on eAuditNet under Resources - Documents - Nadcap Procedures.

       Discussion ensued about the suspension of the AS9100 at many suppliers due to the change from
       Revision B to Revision C. Robin stated that this issue is being discussed by the NMC and
       guidance from the Council would be forth coming soon.

ACTION ITEM – For Procedure Review, keep the presentation up to date but PRI to only provide a report
out of changes to procedures. Update the Procedure Review for every Nadcap meeting. (Due Date: 15-
Jun-12)

6.0    ACTION ITEM REPORT OUT (RAIL) – OPEN

       The Rolling Action Item List (RAIL) was reviewed and updated.

       June 2011 AI #6 – Andreas Mastorakis (Lead) – OPEN – Team to define the scope of work for
       creating a pyrometry standard for autoclaves and ovens for use in composite manufacturing. Also
       discuss the scope of work with the HT Task Group to determine if they are organizing a similar
       activity. - Will be discussed during Agenda Item 7.0

       June 2011 AI #14 – PRI – OPEN – Create a standard Opening and Closing Meeting presentation
       for the Composite Auditors to use. Bring the suggestion to monthly PRI SE SWAT meeting and
       ask that all commodities adopt one standard presentation. This will ensure that all data presented
       is correct (in the event the procedures are revised).

       A standard Opening and Closing Meeting presentation is being discussed with the Initial Auditor
       Training Sub-Team composed of PRI Staff Engineers and other PRI Staff. If this team decides to
       not adopt a standard presentation, NDT has provided a good example that can be used for
       Composites and Non Metallic Materials.

       October 2011 AI #1 - PRI - CLOSED - Review Auditor data - Look at Auditor #2 vs. Auditor #1.
       Did #2 write more NCRs that previous or less NCRs? - Discussed during the Closed Meeting

       October 2011 AI #2 - PRI - CLOSED - Add to "Procedure Review", NTGOP-001 and Appendix 14.
       - Discussed during Agenda Item 5.0

       October 2011 AI #3 - ALL PRIMES - CLOSED - Primes to update mandates or send
       communication to Suppliers who will now be impacted by the AC7118 Rev C where previously they
       were not. For example, Suppliers who need to be audited for Compression Molding.

       October AI #4 - PRI - CLOSED - Send the Audit Grading Spreadsheet to all Supplier and
       Subscriber Voting Members. - Emails on 19 OCT 11

       October AI #5 - Severine Guitton - CLOSED - Develop a guide for Supplier to use that will help
       them to find various meeting documentation (such as NCR data analysis and other meeting
       presentations) on eAuditNet. - Discussed during Agenda Item 4.0


                                                   10
                                                                                  CONFIRMED MINUTES
                                                                                   COMP/NMMT/NMMM
                                                                                      FEBRUARY 2012

        October 2011 AI #6 - PRI - CLOSED - Ensure that RCCA Training is included in the Consultant
        Reviewers Training for AC7118. - Discussed during Closed Meeting

        October 2011 AI #7 -PRI - CLOSED - Coordinate a meeting with Auditor and Task Group Chair to
        discuss audit results. - Discussed with the Auditor. Further details provided during the
        Closed Meeting.

        October 2011 AI #8 - John Key - CLOSED - Oversight Audit Team to meet to determine subject
        matter for the February 2012 NMC Meeting report out. Include proposal for modification to audit
        feedback form. - Presentation created and presented to the Auditor Consistency Sub-Team
        on Monday, 20 February 2012.

        October 2011 AI #9 - PRI - CLOSED - Circulate the tracking log to all the subscribing members
        and modify the tracking log to include audit start dates. - Email circulated on 25 January 2012.

        October 2011 AI #10 - PRI - CLOSED - Send an email to Primes a request that the Subscriber
        place more input, observation and examples of what Auditors may have missed and things they
        could have done better. Provide strengths and opportunities for improvements. - Email circulated
        on 25 January 2012.

7.0  PYROMETRY FOR AUTOCLAVES AND OVENS USED FOR COMPOSITE PART
MANUFACTURING - OPEN


          7.0 Pyrometry
        Nadcap February 21, 2012.pdf
        Andreas Mastorakis gave the presentation to summarize what the Pyrometry sub-team has been
        working on. He highlighted the differences between our industry requirements and AMS 2750.
        The AMS 2750 has more detail in location of sensors, system requirements for the system, the
        sensor calibration requirement and calibration frequencies.

        We next reviewed the comments that were given against the Bombardier Specification that was
        circulated since it was voted the best of the prime specifications for autoclaves and ovens.

        It was suggested to go through the AMS P17 Composite Materials Committee. This would
        probably create a new standard due to the differences within the metal industry and the composite
        industries. The Bombardier document could be revised to set up the general sections and the
        information required within them. The document could then be shared/sent to the committee so
        they can review it and if approved, we can polish it up

        Discussed frequency of how many primes require annual uniformity and performance surveys with
        a loaded autoclave. Most of the primes do not do this. This is a qualification requirement only.

        It was discussed with Doug Matson (The Boeing Company, Heat Treat Task Group
        Representative) that most composite documents have “too many loopholes” and this would need to
        be addressed in any new standard or referred back to AMS 2750.

        Both SAFRAN Group and Rolls Royce Group currently mandate AMS 2750 with exceptions written
        within their internal company document.

ACTION ITEM – PRI to re-circulate the Bombardier specification with applicable reference documents to
Subscriber and Supplier Voting Members and any additional that request to be included in the circulation.
Comments requested to be provided 4 weeks after circulation date. (Due Date: 9-Mar-12)

ACTION ITEM – Anne Stanley (Bombardier Task Group Representative) to provide the additional
reference documents (in the Bombardier specification) to PRI. (Due Date: 2-Mar-12)

                                                    11
                                                                                     CONFIRMED MINUTES
                                                                                      COMP/NMMT/NMMM
                                                                                         FEBRUARY 2012

ACTION ITEM – Pyrometry sub-team to meet to review and resolve the comments that are received.
Team to be prepared to bring a proposal to the June 2012 Nadcap meeting. Andreas Mastorakis (Lead)
(Due Date: 4-May-12)

ACTION ITEM – Send Andreas Mastorakis the comments that were made during the February 2012
Nadcap meeting in regards to the Pyrometry standard. (Due Date: 2-Mar-12)

8.0     CHANGES BETWEEN AC7118 REV B TO REV C - OPEN


        8.0 AC7118 Rev C -
        Presentation and Grading Criteria - 14NOV11.pdf
        Kevin Dowling presented the data that was presented during the three telecoms throughout the
        world, and due to the high participation at the San Diego meeting, it was decided to go over this
        information for the suppliers present.

        This presentation can also be found on eAuditNet - Resources - Documents - Public Documents -
        Composites - Audit Information.

9.0     OPEN DISCUSSION - OPEN

9.1     Adding an Additional Scope to an Accreditation - Should this Impact Merit?

        Discussion centered on should the supplier be penalized for getting a new scope of accreditation.
        Task Group concurrence is that adding a scope will not directly affect merit. The merit criteria will
        be applied, regardless of scope change from previous audit.

9.2     Historical Job Audits and Supplier Merit Impact

        How should the Task Group address the issue when a Supplier requests a scope of accreditation
        but cannot provide WIP to support the scope of accreditation (i.e. only Historical data or
        Demonstration Parts are able to be provided)?

        As defined in the AC7118 Rev C, paragraph 2.2.2.1, merit may be impacted when Demonstration
        Parts are used to meet the requirement to have a minimum of 50% of the Job Audits completed
        with WIP. A similar approach will be taken when a significant amount of historical data is used to
        complete Job Audits. This will continue to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

9.3     Annual Update of NOP-011 Mode B Failure Criteria: COMP

        The Failure Criteria was reviewed and discussed. The Task Group voted and chose to keep the
        2012 Audit Failure Criteria the same as 2011 (no changes).

ACTION ITEM - Using historical data to answer the same job audits on consecutive audits. Should merit
be impacted? Should a Supplier receive the applicable scope of accreditation when historical data is used
to answer the job audits on consecutive audits? Team to evaluate this situation and provide a proposal.
Lance Loeks (Lead), Mike Bemis, Kevin Dowling, Pete Atwell, Elmer Cardwell, Vitorio Stana, John
Vancura. (Due Date: 25-Jun-12)

ACTION ITEM - PRI to look at multiple past year data when considering changes to NOP-011 Failure Mode
B criteria, not just 1 year. (Due Date: 10-Feb-13)

ACTION ITEM - PRI to add to the June 2012 Nadcap meeting agenda an item to discuss adding the
processing of thermoplastics to the AC7118. (Due Date: 25-Jun-12)



                                                          12
                                                                          CONFIRMED MINUTES
                                                                           COMP/NMMT/NMMM
                                                                              FEBRUARY 2012

10.0   MEETING CLOSE-OUT - OPEN

       Tentative agenda topics for the June 2011 meeting:

       One and a Half Days for AC7118
       Staff Report
       Metrics
       SSC Report
       Procedure Review - Revised Procedures
       Action Item Report Out
       Observation Audit Sub-Team status report out
       Thermoplastics in AC7118
       Core Storage Sub Team proposal
       Historical data for job audits - impact to merit proposal
       Pyrometry for Composites
       Open Discussion

ADJOURNMENT - (21-February-2012) - The Composite (AC7118) portion of the meeting was adjourned
at 4:30 PM.




                                                     13
                                                                                   CONFIRMED MINUTES
                                                                                    COMP/NMMT/NMMM
                                                                                       FEBRUARY 2012

1.0   OPENING COMMENTS FOR NMMT – OPEN

1.1   Call to Order / Quorum Check.

      The Non Metallic Materials Testing (NMMT) Task Group was called to order at 8:00 AM, 22-Feb-
      12.

      This was an open meeting attended by Subscribers and Supplier Members

      A quorum of 16 Voting Subscribing Members was established with the representatives in
      attendance listed above

1.2   The Code of Ethics and Conflict of Interest Policy was presented for all Nadcap attendees. This
      information is also available in the Nadcap Attendees Guide.

1.3   Open Meetings versus Closed Meeting Guidelines were presented.

1.4   Review of Meeting Agenda

      The Staff Engineer (Rebekah Braun) presented the agenda for the NMMT Task Group for this
      week.

2.0   STAFF REPORT – OPEN


       2.0 AC7122 Staff
      Report February 2012.pdf
      Items of interest since the October 2011 meeting were reviewed in addition to 2012 audit
      projections, current Auditor status and top nonconformances written against the AC7122 Rev 0.

      The above embedded presentation is also posted on eAuditNet under Resources - Documents -
      Public Documents – Non Metallic Materials Testing – Meeting Presentations.

2.1   Procedure Review – added as an item

      Kevin Dowling summarized the procedural changes that affect the supplier base for NMMT.

      NOP-006 – Supplier Advisories, NOP-008 – Supplier Merit Program, NOP-011 – Audit Failure
      Process and new procedure NOP-009 – Suspension and Withdrawal of Accreditation, NTGOP001
      and Appendix XIV procedures were reviewed and specific items were highlighted. Please see the
      attached presentation for details.

      All procedures can be found on eAuditNet under Resources - Documents - Nadcap Procedures.
      All procedures can be found on eAuditNet under Resources - Documents - Nadcap Procedures.

3.0   ACTION ITEM REPORT-OUT – OPEN

      The Rolling Action Item List (RAIL) was reviewed and updated.

      February 2011 AI #2 – CLOSED – Laura Benedetti – Add some clarifications in the Auditor
      Handbook for the uniformity criteria: porosities, parallelism between bonding lines, bonding
      "meniscus" criteria. AC7122/1, 2.19.2.16 - "Is the thickness uniformity of the bond line visually
      verified?" - Laura requests that a team to work together to deal with this issue. It was
      discovered that this is much more difficult to define that was first thought. There was a
      long discussion on how and if this is necessary.

                                                   14
                                                                             CONFIRMED MINUTES
                                                                              COMP/NMMT/NMMM
                                                                                 FEBRUARY 2012

DRAFT AC7122/1, paragraph 2.19.2.6 was revised to read, “Is the uniformity of the bond line
visually inspected?”

DRAFT Audit Handbook for AC7122/1, paragraph AH will be revised as follows:

The auditor should discuss with the technician to gauge their understanding of the test.
Look at the specimen to visually identify if the bond line is uniform with no anomalies (for
example, continuous bond line, no gaps, parallelism, etc).

June 2011 AI #7 - OPEN - PRI - Release the updated AH7122 Rev B handbook including the
clarifications in regards to alignment. Also copy the test code tables into the Audit Handbooks.
- Almost ready to release. Rebekah to complete the revisions and will release on the 9-Mar-
12.

October 2011 AI #1 - CLOSED - PRI - Plan a joint MTL/NMMT meeting for February 2012. - Will
be discussed during Agenda Item 8.0

October 2011 AI #2 - OPEN - Mike Bemis and Laura Benedetti - Teams identified to create Core
Testing checklist questions shall have the information available for review by the Task Group
during the 2012 February Nadcap Meeting. US Team [Mike Bemis (Lead)], European Team
[Laura Benedetti (Lead)], Arno Toelkes - Will be discussed during Agenda Item 6.0

October 2011 AI #3 - CLOSED - PRI - PRI ask Subscribing primes and suppliers to go back
through the Core test code matrix and verify test codes listed are not based on test requirements
that are only used for qualification

October 2011 AI #4 - CLOSED - PRI - Kevin Wetzel from MTL will forward a copy of their
alignment presentation for ASTM E1012 to NMMT Staff Engineer for distribution to the Subscribers
and Suppliers of the NMMT Task Group.

October 2011 AI #5 - CLOSED - Tara Campbell - Take the rough draft of Elastomeric Materials
Testing job audits and “test” it as a material supplier and provide feedback on the acceptability of
the questions and job audits. Tara is expecting to be at this supplier around 21 November. - Will
be discussed during Agenda Item 5.0

October 2011 AI #6 - CLOSED - Betty Kocsis (Lead) - A sub-team (team members listed below)
will be created to revise the current test codes to add the elastomeric specific questions as a “Class
C” and to take the questions that the Elastomer Seals Task Group created for the ones associated
with the new codes. Report will be at February 2012 Nadcap meeting. - Will be discussed during
Agenda Item 5.0

October 2011 AI #7 - CLOSED - PRI - Distribute to the sub-team the Test Standard Matrix from
the Elastomer Seals Task Group, the Draft AC7122 documents that were worked on with during
this meeting (AC7122/1, /2 and /4) and the questions that the Elastomer Seals Task Group have
created. - Emailed on 27OCT11

October 2011 AI #8 - CLOSED - PRI - Coordinate a joint meeting of the NMMT Task Group and
the Elastomer Seals Task Group at the February 2012 Nadcap Meeting. - Will be discussed
during Agenda Item 5.0

                                             15
                                                                                CONFIRMED MINUTES
                                                                                 COMP/NMMT/NMMM
                                                                                    FEBRUARY 2012

       October 2011 AI #9 - CLOSED - PRI - Ask Frank Mariot what percentage of Primes requirements
       is necessary to invoke a requirement across the board within the AC7122? This question is related
       to the requirement for Suppliers accredited to AC7122 to participate in an IPT. - Response was
       received. If only a single Prime has the requirement this would be a candidate for a
       supplemental sheet. If more than one define the requirements and they are in sync then the
       requirements can be incorporated once the task group has approved the addition via
       majority vote.

4.0    AUDIT HANDBOOK DEVELOPMENT – OPEN

       PRI asked the Task Group to think about the Auditor Handbook and if there are areas of concern or
       confusion that we should create sub-teams to address. We will pick this up whenever an issue is
       identified.

5.0    JOINT MEETING WITH ELASTOMER SEALS GROUP - DEVELOPMENT OF TESTING
       CRITERIA FOR ELASTOMER – OPEN

5.1    NOP-005 Cross Commodity Agreements


        Cross Commodity
       Agreements - NOP-005 - SEAL NMMT MOU.pdf
       Rebekah Braun gave a presentation on the subject of Memorandums of Understanding (MOU).

5.2    Joint Meeting with Elastomer Seals Task Group (ESTG) - Development of testing criteria for
       Elastomers

       There were a few questions about the details that needed to be placed in the MOU.

          What does NMMT have for Quality Requirement?
           o AS9100 for part and material manufacturers (AC7122-P and AC7122-R) and ISO 17025
              for an independent labs (AC7122-I).
          How would the audit work?
           o ESTG would utilize the AC7122 Base Document and any associated Slash Sheets
              (AC7122/1, AC7122/2, etc) to audit Elastomeric Testing that is being performed at the
              Captive Laboratories associated with the Elastomers part manufacturers. The ESTG
              would manage any resulting NCRs and grant AC7115 and AC7122-P accreditation
              accordingly.
           o NMMT would also use the AC7122 Base Document and any associated Slash Sheets to
              audit Elastomeric Testing that is being performed at an Independent Test Lab. The NMMT
              Task Group would manage any resulting NCRs and grant AC7122-I accreditation
              accordingly.

5.3    Rolls Royce Test of AC7115 and Elastomer Seals Testing Questions

       Tara Campbell provided feedback on the Rolls Royce test of the AC7115 and new AC7122
       Elastomer Seals Testing questions. Generally speaking, the checklist was sound but a little jumpy
       in the general section. The testing lab review went well and the questions were leading into the
       right directions, but there were some disconnects within the standard and the labs procedures. So
       the testing of the testing questions went very well.

ACTION ITEM - PRI to provide a copy of AC7122 (base document) to Elastomer Seals group. (Due Date:
2-Mar-12)

ACTION ITEM - Elastomer Seals group to review the sections in AC7122 that are applicable to P - Part
Manufacturers Captive Laboratories and identify if there are concerns with applying any of these
                                                  16
                                                                                    CONFIRMED MINUTES
                                                                                     COMP/NMMT/NMMM
                                                                                        FEBRUARY 2012

requirements to Elastomer Seals Suppliers. Also, review the job audit criteria to determine if the
requirements are acceptable (i.e. one job audit per slash sheet) (Due Date: 25-Jun-12)

ACTION ITEM - PRI to review the details in the MOU between SEAL and NMMT and make necessary
revisions. Share final draft of MOU at June Nadcap meeting. (Due Date: 30-Apr-012)

ACTION ITEM - PRI to add a Training Topic to the October Auditor Training to address the Elastomer
specific training to the NMMT Auditors and Base Document AC7122 training to SEALS Auditors. Discuss
logistics at June Nadcap meeting. (Due Date: 25-Jun-12)

ACTION ITEM - PRI to revise the AC7122 Slash documents (/1-/5) to identify the new Class materials.
What is the next class material (Due Date: 25-Jun-12)

6.0     AC7122 REVISIONS – QUESTION FOR CORE TESTING – OPEN

        Two sub-teams were created during the October 2011 Nadcap meeting. One team was tasked to
        focus on US standards and another team was tasked to focus on European standards.

        Mike Bemis presented the data for the United States team.


          6.0 Core Testing
        Report Out Presentation.pdf
        Laura Benedetti stated that there are no EN standards being used for core testing. There are
        country specific standards, so the question is should we include the country standards. Arno
        Toelkes will review the questions that Mike Bemis presents to see if there is anything in the
        checklists which are not noted within the differing country specifications.

        There were 7 ASTM Test Standards that were identified for Core Batch Testing.
        The team recommended that two (ASTM C 366 and ASTM C 271) were too simple to warrant
        creating a new test code.
        The team found that two (AST C 297 and ASTM C 393) had existing test codes (1.21.1 and 1.22.1
        respectively) and job audits that adequately covered core testing as is.
        The team recommended that the final three standards (ASTM C 273, ASTM C 363, and ASTM C
        364) have Test Codes written and created since there is nothing currently within the checklist.

        The suppliers noted that many customer specifications have description of the specimens, but no
        drawings. The Task Groups needs to think on this issue, and have comments ready during ballots.
        The discussion was that the term “drawing” could also be a descriptive procedure or templates that
        are in documented instructions would be an acceptable alternate to a physical drawing.

        A question came up as to requirement to labeling of the specimens. The Task Group insisted that
        each specimen be identified with a unique number. Bob Morrison will be notified of this decision. It
        is implied that test data should be correlated with the tested specimen, and it is a good industry
        practice for troubleshooting failure analysis.

        Mike Bemis will add a question concerning a test that can be used across commodities to ask if the
        correct

ACTION ITEM - Mike Bemis to make changes to the AC7122 documents for Core based on the comments
that were received during review. (Due Date: 2-Mar-12)

7.0     OPEN DISCUSSIONS – OPEN

7.1     Annual Update of NOP-011 Mode B Failure Criteria: NMMT


                                                     17
                                                                                   CONFIRMED MINUTES
                                                                                    COMP/NMMT/NMMM
                                                                                       FEBRUARY 2012

       The Failure Criteria was reviewed and discussed. The Task Group voted and chose to keep the
       2012 Audit Failure Criteria the same as 2011 (no changes).

7.2    Can we identify what Subscribing Members the laboratories are performing testing for?

       The data is currently listed in each of the Test Code Job Audits; however, there is no central
       location to list the customers.

ACTION ITEM - PRI to look multiple past year data when considering changes to NOP-011 Failure Mode B
criteria. (Due Date: 10-Feb-13)

ACTION ITEM - PRI to create a word document to list the Subscribing Voting Members for AC7118,
AC7122 and AC7124. Auditors/Suppliers to use this for each audit to identify which members they do work
for. This will be attached by the Auditor to each audit package. (Due Date: 30-Mar-12)

ACTION ITEM - PRI to revise NTGOP-001 Appendix 14 to include the details that the Exova IPT will be
accepted in place of the NMMT IPT. (Due Date: 30-Mar-12)

8.0    JOINT MEETING WITH MATERIALS TESTING TASK GROUP - OPEN

       Rebekah Braun presented the Joint Meeting Topics.

       There was a question concerning if the NMMT Task Group was a sub-group of the COMP Task
       Group or its own Task Group? NMMT is its own Task Group with its own Voting Roster and
       Supplier Support.

       Are we going to merge MTL and NMMT? Currently there are no plans to do this. PRI is proposing
       an MOU between the two groups so that we can aid the independent labs to be one audit instead
       of two. Some Independent Test Labs were concerned with the time it would cost them if one audit
       could be two weeks total. They do not have the personnel to support this and escort them through
       the test is a difficult thing to absorb.

       Issues that were identified – Oversight of the audit packages; practicality of the audit length;
       legislative of who owns the documents, difference in accreditation lengths, difference in how the
       audits are executed (sample of test for every audit for NMMT vs full scope audit every set number
       of years for MTL). We believe there are common questions that could be removed within an MOU
       so that there would not be redundancy if two audits were schedules between MTL and NMMT.
       One objection to the MOU would be if the audits ran simultaneously.

       There are currently no auditors trained for both MTL and NMMT audits.

       Following is the list of dual certified laboratories within Nadcap.

         APPLUS LGAI TECHNOLOGICAL CENTER S.A.
         Cincinnati Testing Labs Inc.
         Exova (UK) Limited
         Exova AB
         IMA Materialforschung und Anwendungstechnik GmbH
         IMR Test Labs
         TEAMS
         Westmoreland Mechanical Testing*
       Concerns were expressed that there is not enough overlap to consider an MOU between the two
       groups, and there is a general feeling that this is correct.

                                                      18
                                                                               CONFIRMED MINUTES
                                                                                COMP/NMMT/NMMM
                                                                                   FEBRUARY 2012

ACTION ITEM - PRI poll the laboratories that hold both NMMT and MTL to determine if they see any value
in conducting both the MTL and NMMT audit at the same time. (Due Date: 30-Mar-12)

10.0   MEEING CLOSE-OUT - OPEN

       Tentative agenda topics for the June 2011 meeting:

       One Day for AC7122
       Staff Report
       Procedure Review - Revised Procedures
       Action Item Report Out
       AC7122 Ballot Comment Resolution (Inclusion of Core and Elastomers Testing) (joint meeting)
       SEAL MOU details - finalize (joint meeting)
       2013 IPT Planning
       Open Discussion

ADJOURNMENT - (22-February-2012) - The Non Metallic Materials Testing (AC7122) portion of the
meeting was adjourned at 12:00 p.m.




                                                  19
                                                                                  CONFIRMED MINUTES
                                                                                   COMP/NMMT/NMMM
                                                                                      FEBRUARY 2012

1.0   OPENING COMMENTS FOR NMMM – OPEN

1.1   Call to Order / Quorum Check

      The Non Metallic Materials Manufacturing (NMMM) Task Group was called to order at 1:15 PM, 23-
      Feb-2012

      This was an open meeting attended by Subscribers and Supplier Members

      A quorum of 13 Subscribing Voting members was established with the representatives in
      attendance listed above.

1.2   Code of Ethics and Conflict of Information Policy was presented for all Nadcap attendees. This
      information is also available in the Nadcap Attendees Guide.

1.3   Open Meetings versus Closed Meeting Guidelines were presented.

1.4   Review of Meeting Agenda

      The Staff Engineer (Rebekah Braun) presented the agenda for the NMMM Task Group for this
      week.

2.0   STAFF REPORT – OPEN


       2.0 AC7124 Staff
      Report February 2012.pdf
      Items of interest since the October 2011 meeting were reviewed in addition to 2012 audit
      projections, current Auditor status and an update on any Mandates/Intent to Mandate.

      The above embedded presentation is also posted on eAuditNet under Resources - Documents -
      Public Documents – Non Metallic Materials Manufacturing – Meeting Presentations.

3.0   ACTION ITEM REPORT OUT - OPEN

      The Rolling Action Item List (RAIL) was reviewed and updated.

      June 2011 AI #4 – OPEN – PRI – Circulate the shipping condition verbiage to Subscribing Voting
      Members and request feedback on the proposed verbiage. - 14SEPT11 - Shipping Condition
      verbiage not yet received from Cytec representative.

      October 2011 AI #1 - CLOSED - Team Leads - Teams identified to create checklist questions
      shall have the information available for review by the Task Group during the 2012 February
      Nadcap Meeting. Metallic Core Team Members: Lance Loeks, Keith Panuska, Kevin Dowling, Bob
      Morrison Non Metallic Core Team Members: Pete Atwell, Brett Hemingway, Arno Toelkes, Laura
      Benedetti - Will be discussed during Agenda Item 4.0

4.0   AC7124 REVISIONS – QUESTIONS FOR CORE MANUFACTURING – OPEN

      Two sub-teams were created during the October 2011 Nadcap meeting. One team was tasked to
      focus on Metallic Core Manufacturing and another team was tasked to focus on Non Metallic Core
      Manufacturing.

      The Task Group proceeded to compare the feedback from the two teams and the associated two
      written checklist for commonality within the receiving inspection portion of the job audit. The two

                                                   20
                                                                                 CONFIRMED MINUTES
                                                                                  COMP/NMMT/NMMM
                                                                                     FEBRUARY 2012

        audit checklists were collated and the questions reviewed and combined from a global review
        perspective. The document will have to be reviewed to verify question consistency and
        redundancies.

        Task Group agreed that if the supplier has AC7118 approval and the same materials were covered
        in Receiving in AC7118 as would the new Core Manufacturing slash sheet for AC7124, then those
        receiving quality control sections for the core materials can be N/A.

ACTION ITEM - PRI to clean up the AC7124 documents and circulate to the Supplier and Subscriber
Voting Members for review. Include a document so that comments can be collected and returned. (Due
Date: 30-Mar-12)

ACTION ITEM - Supplier and Subscriber Voting Members to review the AC7124 for content and flow and
provide feedback on any necessary revisions. (Due Date: 15-Jun-12)

ACTION ITEM: Bob Morrison, Arno Toelkes and Lance Loeks to review the AC7124, Job Audit for
Corregating, Slotting, Perforation and create more detailed questions. (Due Date: 15-Jun-12)

5.0     OPEN DISCUSSION - OPEN

        No items were brought forward for Open Discussion.

6.0     MEETING CLOSE-OUT

        Tentative agenda topics for the June 2011 meeting:

        One Day for AC7124
        Staff Report
        Procedure Review - Revised Procedures
        Action Item Report Out
        Results of the test of the AC7124-4 Core checklist
        AC7124 - Core Manufacturing Comment Review and Resolution
        Results of AC7122-R/AC7124 Observation Audit - Feedback on the adequacy of the grading
        criteria.
        Open Discussion

ADJOURNMENT – (23-February-2012) – The Non Metallic Materials (AC7124) portion of the meeting was
adjourned at 3:30 p.m.

Minutes Prepared by:

John Key (jkey2@bellhelicopter.textron.com)
Keith Panuska (keithpanuska@lockheedmartin.com)
Rebekah Braun (rbraun@sae.org)


RAIL:



  RAIL - COMP -          RAIL - NMMT          RAIL - NMMM
   MAR12.pdf          (AC7122) - MAR12.pdf (AC7124) - MAR12.pdf
                  ,                      ,



                                                           21
                                                                              CONFIRMED MINUTES
                                                                               COMP/NMMT/NMMM
                                                                                  FEBRUARY 2012




                                ***** For PRI Staff use only: ******

Are procedural/form changes required based on changes/actions approved during this meeting?
(select one)

YES*                                   NO



*If yes, the following information is required:

Documents requiring revision:    Who is responsible:                      Due date:




                                                     22

								
To top