The University of Texas at Dallas
Exercise # 1
1. Read the data on billionaires in 1992 from billion.txt.
2. Sort the data by region of the world.
3. What number of billionaires are there in each region?
4. What is the average and standard deviation of the age of the billionaires?
5. Is there a correlation between the wealth and age of the billionaires?
6. What is the average and standard deviation of wealth in each region?
7. Conduct a hypothesis test (t-test) to see if the average wealth is different between
Europe and United states.
8. Plot a vertical and a horizontal bar graph showing the distribution of wealth.
9. Plot a pie chart showing the distribution of wealth.
10. Save the data as a SAS data set.
11. Print a text file which has the wealth sorted by region. (We do not need age variable).
Exercise # 2
1. Read the data from alcohol.txt
2. What are the univariate statistics for alcohol, and tobacco?
3. Is there a correlation between alcohol consumption and tobacco consumption?
4. Sort the data alphabetically by region.
5. Sort the data by alcohol consumption and tobacco consumption.
6. Plot bar graphs for tobacco and alcohol.