Grade 11 Camera Summative Reflection Questions:
Answer each of the following questions on a separate page. A copy of this document is saved
in the shared folder if you would prefer to type your responses.
Indicate which photo in the assignment you are discussing (choose a different image for each
1. Choose one of your two favourite photos.
a) Describe how the photo meets the criteria for the assignment.
b) Discuss how you have used the elements and principles of design in this image.
c) What compositional strategy or strategies are evident? Explain.
d) What made you decide to take this photo (e.g. How did you come up with the idea)?
2. Choose a photo and describe how you have improved it using either levels adjustment or
3. Describe how your knowledge of the use of shutter speed has enabled you to take a better photo
for this assignment.
4. Describe how your choice of focal point combined with your knowledge of apertures (fstops)
has helped you take an effective photo for this assignment.
5. Outline how you chose the appropriate exposure setting when shooting either your high-key or
low key photo.
6. What was the most difficult part of this assignment? Why? How did you overcome this?
7. If you could change or improve one photo, what would you do and why?