STUDENT UNION JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant #1142
Status: Student Assistant/ Work Study
Supervisor: Human Resources Director
Department: Human Resources
Location: Student Union Administration Office Telephone: (408) 924-6378
Work Schedule: Up to 20 hours a week, Monday to Friday 9AM-5PM
Under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Assistant I is
responsible for routine tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Files, faxes, copies, types, and acts as courier for departmental and campus mail distribution, and
updates all employee confidential files/personnel records.
2. Oversees job postings and personnel forms updates to the Student Union Human Resources website
and the Corporate Forms page.
3. Maintains personnel records and files, Student Self-Service warrants, and student payroll reconciliation
spreadsheets and reports for Accounting.
4. Maintains employee personnel records.
5. Completes file maintenance by insuring all information is accurate and properly filed.
6. Orders supplies, brochures, and posters pertaining to Federal/State laws.
7. Assists the Human Resources Assistant II in processing payroll for over 175 employees in 3
8. Performs additional duties as required.
1. Must be able to work with a diverse staff and clientele.
2. Must be able to type or a data entry of speed 40 wpm.
3. Well organized and punctual.
Qualifications and Specifications
1. 2 years of clerical office experience is desired.
2. Good computer, written, and oral skills are required.
Starting Wage: $9.00
Wage Level: II
Certifications Required: No
References Required: Yes
Application Deadline: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
NOTE: Applicants for Student Union positions: 1) are not automatically guaranteed job interviews, 2) must be matriculated in
the university. The Student Union of San Jose State University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. The
Student Union of San Jose State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, disabled veterans, or Vietnam veteran’s status.