Personal Development Plans
1) List 3 general areas you do well in medicine
2) In pairs, explore each other’s evidence for doing well
Collect examples of evidence in the large group
3) List 3 general areas you do badly
4) Again in pairs, explore each other’s evidence for doing
Collect examples of evidence again
5) For one of the things you do badly, define SMART objectives
you wish to achieve (Specific, Measurable, Achievable,
6) Now brainstorm, how you could meet those objectives.
Critically evaluate the ones you think will work best for you
7) How would you demonstrate you had undertaken this plan to
Eg. Patient information leaflet, practice protocol, notes, learning
8) It is important to evaluate the process of learning you
undertook and the outcomes to help make future learning more
Eg. Which objectives were the easiest/ most difficult to achieve?
Which was the most/ least valuable learning activity and why?
How you have been able to apply your learning to practice?
Are there any learning needs you wish to carry forward to your