Review Sheet Science Grade 7
Chapter 6 Heat Transfer
1. Conduction convection and radiation are all methods of heat transfer.
Define them and give examples.
2. Complete the table:
Particle movement State
3. Define thermal conductor and thermal insulator and give examples of
4. Heat technologies:
a. What are 7 examples of heat technologies (past and present) that
are used to heat homes in Newfoundland and Labrador.
b. Explain how they all work.
c. What are the advantages and disadvantages of these
d. How have these technologies improved over time?
5. Describe how various surfaces absorb and reflect radiant heat.
6. Define specific heat capacity.
7. What is the difference between heat and temperature? Describe how you
would calculate the amount of heat in a substance. Describe how you
would calculate the temperature of a substance. Draw a diagram is you