Neighborhood District 8
Minutes 2-20-07, 7:00 p.m.
Woodland Community Recreation Center
1. Introductions were made. Four neighborhood residents/representatives were present.
2. Neighborhood concerns. George Hanson wants Oxford street fixed. He sees three priorities
for local government spending - fire, police and public works which includes roads.
3. Minutes and agenda. No one was present from last meeting to comment on the minutes, the
agenda was accepted as provided.
4. Terry Leonidas from Woodland Hills was present to describe the special use permit they are
requesting. They wish to increase the occupancy of a transitional house they own from 6 to 8
youth. The house has 24hour staffing and is located on their Allendale site. He reported that
they notified the immediate neighbors and that no one has voiced any opposition to the
request. The citizens present at the meeting also had no objections to the request.
5. Recommended changes to the formal District documents. None were recommended.
6. Nominations for leadership for the coming year. Kevin nominated Michelle Hooey as Chair.
He reported she was not able to make this meeting, but was willing to serve in such capacity.
She will need to be present when the election takes place to accept the nomination. George
nominated Kevin to serve as Vice-Chair. Kevin accepted the nomination. Election of
officers will be held at the next District meeting. Given the recent low turnout and the
limited agenda items, that may be postponed beyond March.
7. The next meeting is scheduled for March 20, 7 p.m., Woodland Community Recreation
8. The meeting was adjourned at ~ 7:35 p.m.
Respectfully submitted: Kevin Skwira-Brown