UCUCC Youth Program Survey
The UCUCC Youth Board needs your input regarding the youth program. We want to know
how you feel about the program and how we are doing with regard to our mission statement:
By providing our youth with the opportunity to develop personal relationships and
faith practices, our youth are able to say yes to God with their lives as disciples of Jesus.
The Youth Board encourages youth and their parents to discuss together the questions below and
to share with each other your responses. Input is welcome from both youth and adults including
UCUCC adults without youth in the program. Youth please indicate your grade.
Circle one: youth (grade____) parent of youth other UCUCC adult
1. What are your three favorite elements of the UCUCC youth program and why?
2. What do you like most about the Sunday morning worship service and why?
3. What are your three least favorite parts of the UCUCC youth program and why?
4. What do you like least about the Sunday morning worship service and why?
Please indicate the UCUCC Youth Program elements you (or your youth) participated in
during this past year and those you (or your youth) are interested in for next year:
in ’08-‘09 for ’09-‘10
Sunday Morning Fellowship (9 to 10 hour)
Sunday Morning Youth Pew (during worship service)
Sunday Morning Worship Leadership (liturgist, music, etc.)
Ushering or Communion during Sunday Morning Worship
Teaching Sunday School classes
Helping with younger children during Sunday Morning Worship
All Youth Retreat (in Fall ’08, not yet scheduled for ’09)
Junior High Retreat (mid winter retreat in ‘09)
Senior High Retreat (mid winter retreat in ‘09)
Mentor Program (as a mentor for a younger child)
Mentor Program (with a church adult as your mentor)
Confirmation – (mostly 9th graders)
Junior High Mission Trip
Senior High Mission Trip
(please continue on second / back page)
5. What is missing from the UCUCC Youth Program?
6. Do you feel connected with other youth at church? (please explain how / how not)
7. Do you feel connected with adults at church other than your parents? (please explain
how / how not)
8. The Youth Board is considering adding the UCC Our Whole Lives Sexuality and our
Faith (OWL) education curriculum as part of our program starting in the fall of 2009.
The OWL program is a separate class that you would sign-up for, it is not to take the
place of 9am Youth Group Programming and will not overlap with youth group.
a. Are you interested in learning about OWL?
b. Would you like to participate in the OWL program class?
9. Please include any other comments you wish to share:
Your name (optional):
You are encourage to contact any of the Members of the Youth Board or the Youth
Program Staff at any time with questions, comments, suggestions, or other feedback
regarding the Youth Program. Our Youth Program belongs to everyone in the UCUCC
Community. We value your input and are thankful for your help and support.
UCUCC Youth Board: UCUCC Youth Program Staff:
Kendal Bond Margaret Irribarra – Youth Ministries Program Coordinator
Ed Coleman Peter Ilgenfritz – Pastor