OSHA Training Quiz
1. OSHA always holds ________________________________________ accountable for hazards.
2. Our Safety Coordinator is _______________________________________________________.
3. I have seen/read our OSHA Poster. (Circle one) Yes No
4. Employees have the right to call OSHA if there is a health or safety hazard that is not being adequately
controlled. (Circle one) True False
5. Our OSHA manual is kept ______________________________________________________.
6. I always have access to this manual. (Circle one) True False
7. What should you do in case of an emergency?
8. Where is the nearest fire extinguisher in your workplace?
9. The emergency phone number for our office is ________________________________.
10. Our designated meeting place is __________________________________________.
11. How should x-ray personal protective equipment be stored? (Circle one)
a. Folded in a drawer b. In your car
c. Hanging d. Not applicable to my job
12. The radiation symbol is required (True/False)
___ on the entrance to the practice ___ on the door to the lab
___ on the door to the x-ray department ___ in the kitchen
___ not applicable in this practice
13. Name one means of protecting yourself from laser hazards. ________________________
14. Are you at risk for exposure to bloodborne pathogens? (Circle one) Yes No
15. Define or describe "Universal Precautions."
16. Match the symptom with the infection.
a. HIV 1. Jaundice
b. HBV 2. Severe fatigue
c. HCV 3. Swollen lymph glands
17. Name one procedure that may result in transmitting hepatitis or AIDS. _____________________
18. Name one way to protect yourself from bloodborne pathogens. ___________________________
19. The minimum personal protective equipment that must be worn when performing a task that puts you
at risk for exposure to an infectious agent is ________________.
20. If you wear gloves for handling contaminated items, do you still need to clean your hands? Yes No
21. How long should you scrub your hands after handling potentially infectious materials?
22. Name a symptom of latex allergy.
23. What safer medical devices are currently used in your practice?
24 Have you been offered the Hepatitis B vaccination?
25. Where is your employee medical file located?
26. What should you do if you have a BBP exposure?
27. How can you protect yourself from musculoskeletal disorders?
28. The greatest potential trigger for Workplace Violence in our office is_______________________
29. One appropriate way to respond is to ______________________________________________
30. How is tuberculosis spread? (Circle one) Bloodborne Water/food borne Airborne
31. Name one symptom of tuberculosis.
32. Must every container be labeled? (Circle one) Yes No
33. Our MSDSs are stored ____________________________________________________.
34. Name a hazardous chemical you use. ______________________________________
35. What is one hazard associated with that chemical? ____________________________
36. Our spill kit is stored ______________________________________________________
37. The eyewash station is located _____________________________________________
38. Stained ceiling tiles may indicate the presence of __________________________________.
39. The purpose of the OSHA regulations is to ensure health and safety for __________________.
40. Employees are required to comply with the OSHA regulations. (Circle one) True False
My signature below confirms that I have been trained according to OSHA requirements, and that I
understand that failure to comply with our OSHA policies could result in disciplinary action.
Signature: _______________________________________________ Date:_____________
Job Title: __________________________________ Employer: ______________________
Trainer: ___________________________________Trainer Qualifications: __________________
OSHA Training Quiz Answer Key
1. the employer
2. SITE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION
3. EMPLOYEE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION
5. SITE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION
7. Fire – Follow your practice’s protocol for fire: SITE-SPECIFIC
Tornado – Take cover away from windows as close to the center of the
building as possible. Follow your practice’s protocol for tornado: SITE-
8. SITE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION
9. Usually 911; SITE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION
10. SITE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION
11. c. Hanging
12. on the door to the x-ray department – True
not applicable to this practice - SITE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION
ALL OTHER ANSWERS – False
13. Any one of these answers is correct:
a.) Appropriate use of goggles
b.) Appropriate use of gloves and gowns for skin burns
c.) Not aiming beam at any reflective surface
d.) Checking the laser with each use to ensure proper working order
e.) Never looking at the laser reflective surfaces
f.) Properly maintaining evacuation system for plume
14. EMPLOYEE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION
15. Universal Precautions: You must handle ALL blood and other
potentially infectious materials (OPIM) as if they are known to be infected with
a bloodborne pathogen.
16. a. HIV = 3. Swollen lymph glands
b. HBV = 1. Jaundice
c. HCV = 2. Severe fatigue
17. Any one of these answers is correct:
a.) Collecting or handling body fluids, blood samples, or hazardous waste
b.) Administering injections, starting IVS
OSHA TRAINING QUIZ ANSWER KEY, PAGE 2
c.) Vaginal exams
d.) Cleaning contaminated surfaces, instruments, or laundry
e.) Dental procedures
f.) Aspirating fluids
g.) Surgical procedures
h.) Tending to wounds, removing sutures, changing bandages
18. Any one of these answers is correct:
a.) Using the proper PPE (gloves, gown, face protection, etc.) for the task
b.) Using safer sharps
c.) Using sharps containers appropriately
d.) Disposing of biohazardous waste appropriately
e.) Transporting contaminated items in a waterproof, leakproof, puncture-
resistant, biohazard-labeled securely covered container
21. At least 15 seconds.
22. Any one of these answers is correct:
a.) Contact irritation
b.) Allergic dermatitis
23. SITE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION
24. EMPLOYEE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION
25. SITE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION
26. Wash or rinse the affected area and then tell your Safety Coordinator
27. Use the proper controls:
a.) Lift heavy loads properly
b.) Get an ergonomically correct keyboard or wrist rest
c.) Get a shoulder rest or headset
28. SITE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION (Could be presence of drugs, long
waiting times, pain-prescription seekers, billing or co-pay issues, etc.)
29. SITE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION (Could be to call a co-worker to
assist, offer to reschedule, use a calm voice when dealing with the
patient or employee, call 911, etc.)
31. Any one of these answers is correct:
a.) Cough lasting at least 3 weeks
b.) Coughing up blood
c.) Night sweats
OSHA TRAINING QUIZ ANSWER KEY, PAGE 3
33. SITE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION
34. SITE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION
35. SITE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION
36. SITE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION
37. SITE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION
38. mold or mildew growth