Project Co-ordinator- Silver Dreams Older
People Taking Control
Join Action for Blind People as a Project Co-ordinator and be part of an
innovative project funded by the BIG Lottery Fund Silver Dreams programme
in conjunction with the Daily Mail.
Funded for 18 months, the project is bringing together many partners to support the
needs of older blind and partially sighted people. The aim is to ensure older people are
able to regain control of their lives and better manage life-changing transitions. The main
activity is occurring in Staffordshire and York and it is a partnership with RNIB (as lead),
Staffordshire and North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service, Age UK Stafford and District
and York Blind and Partially Sighted Society.
Closing date: 5 November 2012
Contract type: 18 months (with potential to extend, subject to funding)
Hours: 35 per week
We are looking for an experienced Project Co-ordinator and self starter to manage this
project. YouWi II:
• Ensure we deliver our objectives in collaboration with our partners, including
planning, monitoring and reporting, risk and financial management.
• Train Staffordshire Fire Service officers and other partners' staff in the 'Eyesight'
• Offer sight loss advice linking older people to specialist services.
• Support partners in the delivery of courses and peer support schemes, sharing
practical experience and knowledge.
• Recruit, train and maintain an active volunteer team.
To succeed as Project Co-ordinator you will need:
• Experience of project management in partnership and the ability to manage
stakeholder relationships at different levels.
• Experience of working with and managing volunteers.
• The ability to collate and record statistical information and experience of project
monitoring and reporting systems.
• Experience of developing and delivering training.
• IT skills: MS Office including Word, Excel and databases.
As a hugely ambitious national charity, we provide expert practical support to blind and
partially sighted people. Now we're part of RNIB Group, combining our resources and
expertise - we're reaching out to even more people and working more effectively than
For a pack, or to request alternative formats, please call 020 7832 1686,
email@example.com, quoting reference AB269
Or go to www.actionforblindpeople.org.uk website