Council Advancement Committee Policy
Eagle Scout Rank Requirement 2
Orange County Council Advancement Committee
The procedure for obtaining the recommendation letters mentioned in Eagle Scout Rank
Requirement Number 2 is left up to the local Council.
Figure 1. Eagle Scout Rank Application, Requirement 2.
The procedure adopted by the Orange County Council Advancement Committee is:
1. Download the Confidential Appraisal form found as part of the Life to Eagle Packet on the
Council Website at: http://adv.counciltraining.net/pdf/9ConfidentialAppraisal07-02-09.pdf.
2. Make a copy for each of the references listed on Requirement 2 on your Eagle Scout Rank
3. Give the Dear Friend of Scouting introduction letter and accompanying Confidential
Appraisal of Eagle Scout candidate form (Quartermaster candidate uses the same form) with
your name and personal information completed to all of the references listed in Requirement 2.
4. Your references must mail the appraisal forms directly to your District Advancement Chair (or
5. These forms are NOT to be returned to you, your Unit Leader, Unit Committee or Unit
Committee Chair, or the Council Service Center.
6. Include an addressed stamped envelope with your forms to make it easy for the
person who is writing the recommendation to mail the recommendation.
7. If you do not have a religious leader, list your parents as your Religious Leaders.
Have the parent who wrote your letter circle both parent and religious leader on
their confidential letter.
8. If you are not employed, you need not send a letter of recommendation.
-1- 06/09/2012 eh:dde