GUIDELINES FOR THE LETTER TO THE REVIEW BOARD
1. The letter to the Review Board is an informative summary of the Graduation Project. It
should include a personal introduction, background information, and a discussion of the
project. In discussing the project, the student should state the thesis, provide an overview of
the research, explain additional knowledge gained through research, and provide a clear
explanation of how the product is an extension of the research-based paper.
2. Remember your audience is the Review Board.
3. Copies of the letter must be provided for each review board member at the time of oral
4. The letter to the Review Board should follow standard business letter format.
5. A copy of the letter should be placed in the student portfolio.
Suggested Outline of Letter to the Review Board
1231 Main Street
Charlotte, NC 28211
October 5, 2006
Graduation Project Review Board Members
Graduation Project High School (Your High School)
5555 Any Boulevard (High School Address)
Charlotte, NC 28200
Dear Review Board Members:
Paragraph I: Introduce yourself and explain your topic choice for the Graduation Project.
Paragraph II: Provide the thesis and an overview of the research. Discuss additional knowledge that you
have gained through research.
Paragraph III: Explain how the product is an extension of the research-based paper.
Paragraph IV: Share what you have learned from the Graduation Project and your senior year.
Paragraph V: Write a statement of appreciation.
Your Name (typed)