University of Missouri-St. Louis
Policy for the Use of the Millennium Student Center
For Sales by Outside Vendors
Space will be provided in the Millennium Student Center for outside vendors for the purpose of
sales. The following rules and regulations will apply:
1) Sales are identified as tangible and intangible. Tangible sales are transactions in which
material goods are received for money. Intangible sales are transactions in which
services, solicitations, memberships, etc. are received for money.
2) Solicitations of money for charities, etc., are restricted except when sponsored by UM-St.
Louis recognized student organizations and are subject to University fund raising
3) Items for sale may not duplicate goods or services offered by the University.
4) Use fees will be assessed at $100 per day, per space for non-for profit, and $200 for for-
profit groups. A space constitutes a 4' x 6' area. With one table and two chairs. Upon
request, vendors will be provided with up to two tables (to provide double width) in one
space. We only except cashiers checks or money orders. Payable five days prior to
5) Vendors are required to check-in with the Scheduling Office before setting up. Fees are
payable upon confirmation of reservation. Rental fees will be refunded if cancellation is
made 24 hours prior to date of reservation.
6) Sales may not last longer than three days in a week. Storage space for sales items is not
7) Vendors may send flyers or posters advertising their merchandise to: Building
Operations, 218 MSC Center for posting on campus bulletin boards. Vendors are not
allowed to post advertising materials on University walls, doors, windows or outside
8) Vendors may not approach individuals and ask them to purchase items, but are to remain
behind their table(s).
9) Students, faculty and staff are given priority in reserving facilities. If a student
organization or department requests a space that is reserved by a vendor, the vendor must
relinquish the space. The vendor will be notified and an effort will be made to reschedule
10) If space is not claimed one hour after the time reserved it will be released for use by
11) Cancellations less than 2 working days in advance full charge apply.
12) Damages to the University 's facilities are the sole responsibility of the vendor