General Assembly Agenda
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Call to Order Mike Hamper
Meeting called to order at: 5:02 PM
Invocation Zac Esterline
Pledge of Allegiance Marsha McMunn
Approval of the Minutes
o No changes. Minutes accepted
Finance Committee Bylaw Changes - Exemptions Clause
o Secretary Mangus came before General Assembly to read the
changes the Finance Committee would like to make to the By-Laws in
regards to Multicultural expenses. This new clause will stipulated that
multicultural events such as Black History Month and the
Multicultural Fair would be exempt from budget appropriations. The
funds will continue to come from the Student Senate budget, but must
be itemized requests for the event. The finance committee will
continue to evaluate the use of these funds.
Housing Bylaw Changes – IFC and Panhellenic Council Representatives
o President Hamper came before General Assembly and presented
changes to the housing By-Laws. Under these new changes, Greek
representatives would be appointed by their governing bodies, but
would still hold the same roles and responsibilities as housing
representatives in addition to some added duties.
• 5 University Parkway: Elizabeth Spingola
It took several requests to get a door fixed within the complex.
Several requests have also been sent about possible heating issues.
• Affinity Housing: Wilson Wu- No Report
• Brookhart Hall: Vacancy
• Founders Hall: Nicholas Jantzen- No Report
• IFC: Steve Ankney-
Greek Life will be sponsoring a White Out for the Men’s Basketball Game tonight at 7:30.
IFC rush smokers dates have been released – March 7, 8, and 9.
• Klondike’s Den, Polar Place, Northern Commons: Kait Brogley (ABSENT)
• Lakeview and University Terrace: Nathan Mirolo- No Report
• Lima Hall: Anthony Bless (ABSENT)
• Maglott: Emerson Babington (ABSENT)
• Non ONU Off Campus: Robert Stahler – No Report
• Northern House: Vacancy
• Panhellenic Council: Leanne Clark – No Report
• Park Hall: Eric Ambos –
Hall Council Rescheduled
• Roberts Hall: Brandon Bourgeois –
A crumbling step is in the process of being repaired.
• Stadiumview Apartments: Yerin Kim – No Report
• Arts & Sciences: Vacancy, Victoria Secrist, Cara Schroeder
SAB meeting is this evening
General Education meeting- Still evaluating tag requests.
• Business: Robert Rudary (ABSENT), Travis Edington (ABSENT)
Dean’s Advisory Council Last Week
Planning an Ice Cream Social
• Engineering: Allan Hall, Robert Milos
• Law: Andrew Wick (ABSENT), Zach Moore (ABSENT)
• Pharmacy: Josh Blackwell, Jennifer Cornelius, Jordan Strieter
Chili Cook Off is Happening Tonight
Newsletter is in the process of being created
• Academic Affairs: Vacancy
CAS is on track and is also online
Academic Affairs meeting- Zero billing hours being discussed. The new calendar
proposal will have a Labor Day recess as well as MLK day. Thanksgiving will be one
week. December 14th through January 7th. Spring Break is also a week as well as four
days for Easter. Exam schedules will have two and half hour blocks made available with
thirty minutes between exams.
• Athletics: Amanda Caudill
• Campus Organizations: Katy Dvorak (ABSENT)
• Communications: Matthew Rarey
• Dining Services: Joe Stecyk
Committee will be meeting after the meeting
• Finance: David Mangus
Budget Appropriation form has been altered slightly
Meeting after the meeting with committee
• Housing: Crystal Boykin
Recycling bins- purchasing 500
Justin Courtney meeting will be a week from Tuesday
• Judicial: Kwaku Nsiah Peprah
Elections are over, and results will be out tonight
• Multicultural: Kendra Hearn
AASU Activities Night at Affinity Commons Wed., Jan. 26th @ 6:30-9:30pm - Free food
and drinks, Chinese jump rope competition, pool, DDR Max, card games, etc.
BSU Spades Night Thurs., Jan. 27th @ 8.30pm spades Mac Room 7. Prizes for winners!
WSO International Potluck to celebrate Chinese New Year Tues., Feb. 1st @ 6pm in
Affinity Commons, RSVP.
BHM Trivia Question in Student- l, correct answers are entered for a drawing to win
BSU Fashion Show - Friday, Feb. 4th 7pm in Mac Activities, Dance until 11pm
Feb 6th @ 6pm: Super Bowl Party, Multicultural House
Feb 8th @ 7pm, New Dimensions in Diversity Film Series in Dicke Forum
Feb 9th @ 11am Black History Month Chapel
Feb 12th @ 7pm, Kuumba Festival in Mac Ballroom
Feb 13th @ Cultural Excursion to Detroit
Feb 15th @ 6.30pm, Kold Kutz: A Black Barbershop experience in Ada, multicultural
Feb 17th 11.45am, Cultural Conversation Hour, Heterick Library room 301, Subway
Feb 17th 7pm, Race Matters: A town Hall Discussion on Race Relation in America, Dicke
Feb 20th @ 6.30pm Soul Food Dinner, Affinity Commons, Sign up sheet for cooking at
UFAW Committee Meeting
Women's History Month
• Newsletter: Courtney O’Banion
Newsletter ideas are due today
• Parliamentarian: Allie Gaetano
• Religious Affairs: Zac Esterline
Kappa Phi will be having a meeting tonight about possibly joining the sorority.
January 31st is the last day to sign up for the mission trip to Mexico
Chapel next week will be presented by STE
• Security: Benjamin Sheperd
Thursday is Traffic Appeals
• Senate Activities: Paige Dirmeyer (ABSENT)
Thank you to everyone who participated in Kudos! It went very well!
• Technology Advancement: Justin Rentz (ABSENT)
• Liaison: Vern LaSala
o No Report
• Secretary/Treasurer: Chad Cadwell
o No Report
• Vice President: Marsha McMunn
o SLC committee will be meeting after the meeting
• President: Mike Hamper
Student Center project met today. Discussion included survey results, perceptions, and
other details. ONU webpage will be posting a story next week about the direction of the
Senator Bourgeois would like to see changes to elections to allow individuals
with dual majors to be able to vote in multiple college elections.
ACM is selling T-Shirts. These t-shirts have an ONU logo made entirely of data code.
Leaders Council will be hosting a leadership workshop Sunday at One in the Ballroom
ONU Men’s Volleyball team will be this Sunday at 9am in King-Horn
College Democrats have been awarded two thousand condoms for campus use
E-mail switch over will happen tomorrow
Next week will be our Student Senate Yearbook Photo
Meeting moved to adjourn by Senator Bourgeois, Seconded by Senator Strieter, Meeting
adjourned at 5:44 PM