Win $500 or $1000
toward your college tuition!
Bachelor’s Degree College Scholarship
for students enrolled at a four-year college
The Ohio Cooperative Education Association strives to meet the needs of
employers, educators, and students by becoming partners in developing tomorrow’s
professionals and advancing the practice of Cooperative Education in the State of Ohio.
Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
Must be enrolled in an OCEA member four-year college or university.
Applicants must have completed a minimum of 15 weeks of equivalent full-time co-op
work by March 21, 2011.
Must have a minimum of one term of school left at the time the scholarship is awarded.
The scholarship is awarded in April or May of each year.
Must work for a co-op employer in the State of Ohio.
Must submit letters of recommendation from both the four year college and employer.
Available to all undergraduate four-year college majors. Past scholarship winners are ot
eligible for future awards.
Deadline: March 23, 2012
Ask your Co-op Coordinator for an Application or
OCEA Bachelor’s Degree College Scholarship
2012 Co-op of the Year Application
THIS APPLICATION MUST BE TYPED. Entries must be postmarked by March 23, 2012
Name _____________________________________________E-mail ____________________________________________
Telephone ( ) ______________________________ Address _________________________________________________
City ___________________________________________________ State _______________Zip Code _________________
4-Year College __________________________________________ Major _______________________________________
City ___________________________________________________ State ______________ Zip Code _________________
Co-op Employer _________________________________________ Number of Co-op Weeks Completed ______________
Date of Graduation _______________________________________ Overall GPA___________(minimum of 3.0 is required)
Student Signature ________________________________________ Date _________________
1. The scholarship is open to all four-year college majors. Past scholarship winners are not eligible for future awards.
2. A student must be enrolled at an OCEA member college. The college must be a member of OCEA as of January 3, 2012.
The student must also work for a co-op employer in the State of Ohio.
3. A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 is required. The student selected for this scholarship will be required to provide OCEA
with an official transcript verifying GPA.
4. A letter of recommendation is required from both your college and co-op employer.
5. A student attending a four-year institution must have completed a minimum of 15 weeks of equivalent full-time co-op
6. The student must have a minimum of one term of school left at the time the scholarship is awarded.
1. Answers must be typed on application form. A copy of the form can be found on the OCEA website
2. Responses to the specific qualification questions should be limited to the space provided on the form (10 point font
3. Enclose two letters of recommendation, one from your co-op employer and one from your four-year college. These
should be the only attachments to the application.
Page 1 of 2
OCEA Four-Year College Scholarship
2012 Co-op of the Year Application
Please TYPE responses to the following questions using only the space provided on this page. Do not use the name of
your college or employer in your response. Be sure to type your name on the bottom of the application form.
1. Describe how your co-op experience has contributed to achieving your career goals (i.e., personal/professional or
choice of a major).
2. Describe how your co-op experience has contributed to your academic achievement.
3. Please list academic achievement, awards, extracurricular activities, or additional considerations supporting your
application (i.e., evidence of work ethic, attitude, personal or professional growth and obstacles faced).
4. Describe any significant contributions you have made to your college, employer, or community.
5. Please list or describe what resources you use to fund your college career. (i.e. what percent you personally finance, grants, and
or other financial aid, etc.
Application must be postmarked by March 23, 2012 and mailed to:
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College
Noelle Grome, Co-op Coordinator RM 210
3520 Central Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45223
Fax Number: (513) 569-1463
Name:______________________ This application may be duplicated Page 2 of 2