Ohio Union Council
March 9, 2006
Present: David Morgan, Heather McGinnis, Tracy Stuck, Yvonne Dulaney, Kerry Hodak,
Robbie Beaulieu, Amanda Bain, David Stetson, Amy Farmer, Dominic Rollins, John Carney,
Guest: Jeff Pelletier
The meeting was called to order by David Morgan.
- Mo Rocca (today) – last event for the quarter
- Spring quarter is set
- $10,000 cushion in budget
- Discussed the Vonnegut event
- Received 35 applications for 35 positions (for exec board)
- Discussed other upcoming events
Explore Columbus (Student Discount Ticket Program) update – Jeff Pelletier
Provided handouts and new brochure
Jeff shared some of the types of events and basic programs offered by Explore Columbus.
- New additions include: Explore Columbus trips (coordinated by Kai Landis); Columbus
Hot Spots (discounts to local restaurants; collaboration with the Schottenstein Center;
BlueJackets/Chiller Ice Rink
- User demographics were shared. Some discussion on how well the numbers have been
for graduate students using the program.
- Some discussion on marketing Explore Columbus: Is it recognized with the current name
being so close to Experience Columbus – suggested name change to Buckeyes Explore
Columbus. Should more money be requested from CSA for this program? Advertising
strategies were discussed – suggestions – J.R. Miggs; pizza boxes.
Next quarter the meeting time will change. David will send out information regarding the change
of date. Meeting was adjourned.