T or F Questions p. 5
1. ____ All Americans have an unlimited right to freedom of expression.
2. ____ The U.S. Constitution recognizes that the good of society must outweigh the
rights of the individual.
3. ____ A young person can be asked to testify against themselves in a juvenile
4. ____ A juvenile has a right to a lawyer if accused of a crime.
5. ____ Minors have the same right to trial by jury as adults.
6. ____ High school students have the right to conduct a political demonstration at
7. ____ A principal or superintendent can stop the publication of a school newspaper
if it is saying bad things about the school.
8. ____ If a juvenile is arrested, his or her parents must be informed immediately.
9. ____ If a school official searches a student’s locker without a search warrant,
nothing that is found can be used against the student.
10. ____ Young people have the same the rights under the U.S. Constitution as adults.